OEM funnel replacement

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Maintenance' started by RDgolfer, Nov 25, 2014.

1. RDgolfer

RDgolfer Active Member

I don't know about anyone else, but the funnel that came with my car was cracked and split on the non-fill end. Looked online and all in all, a direct replacement was pretty cheap, under 10 bucks with shipping. Ultimately, I stumbled into my local Benny's, and lo and behold, a little yellow funnel...1 dollar...does it fit??? Make the purchase and out to the parking lot..open the fuel filler door...Voila!!! It fits and works perfectly...gonna buy some more in case I lose it, break it, or it's discontinued. Cheers!

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. Chuckable

Chuckable Member

Never even thought to check to make sure that the funnel was present and not cracked. Thanks for letting us all know that it could be an issue.

RDgolfer likes this.
  4. RDgolfer

RDgolfer Active Member

Btw, it's made by Hopkins Manufacturing Corporation...part #10719...and it's product name is "Capless Gas Tank Funnel"

5. crzyworm623

crzyworm623 Member

Hmm noticed mine was cracked too. Thought I had done it somehow

Mr UFO likes this.
  6. reddog99

reddog99 Active Member

Maybe get a warranty replacement?

7. RDgolfer

RDgolfer Active Member

The funnel I am referring to costs $1.09 and works, so filing a warranty claim would be..........it costs $1.09 man!

8. sourskittle

sourskittle Member

Your lucky it cracked and you replaced it. The stock funnel SUCKS. Spilled E85 all over my car the other night trying to use it...

Cyborg turbo, TBE, panda TR6 intercooler, drop in green filter.
    245whp 293Tq V-dyno

9. razorlab

razorlab Active Member

This is what I use at the track, no need for a funnel:

[​IMG]

RodMoe likes this.
  10. sourskittle

sourskittle Member

Rich people problems, Razor ( shakes my head ), lol.

Cyborg turbo, TBE, panda TR6 intercooler, drop in green filter.
    245whp 293Tq V-dyno

11. razorlab

razorlab Active Member

I don't get it. It's like $45 for the jug and filler hose.

Dyn085 and RodMoe like this.
  12. RDgolfer

RDgolfer Active Member

This is the best forum...your does not equal you're...it's different man...just like posting under the influence is way different than....not posting, like posting juiced, and not ...ok...I don't know man

Last edited: Dec 7, 2014
  13. RDgolfer

RDgolfer Active Member

Buy the funnel, and the fill it up with whatever your FiST needs man...I'm ok now, the med's Sekred proposed worked real good....I'm ok...I'm ok...I'm ok...Now just buy the funnel...it works, and watch your grammar