Old farts thread

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Chat and Discussion' started by WScottCross, Feb 26, 2014.

1. WScottCross

WScottCross Well-Known Member

They do make a dark chocolate. Trust me, i know first hand. it's pretty good.

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. LuvfiestaST

LuvfiestaST Active Member

I just remembered I need to call Ford.. It's not about the no sunglass holder it's about the no denture cup holder.;)))

4. ohskigod

ohskigod Member

Early 40's here, and genuinely thought I would be the oldest FiST owner. So glad to see how wrong I was

5. meFiSTo

meFiSTo Active Member

Yeah, you were oh so wrong.

6. jimclark

jimclark Active Member

Re: Ensure: There is a coffee flavor. And two versions of chocolate. And vanilla. And. . . . Well. Don't ask me how I know.

7. Zormecteon

Zormecteon Active Member

I'm over 60 myself and this is to be my LAST new car... most likely my last car purchase period, unless I find a Bug Eye for the right price. I'm saving all the paper work. I have the license plate holders from the dealer stacked on top of the tires and wheels that I took off after less than 100 miles. I'm saving all the tags, service records and keeping complete record of everything including the dates of tire pressure checks and gasoline fills.

I have a feeling that this car is going to be like the 1964 Lotus Cortina, or the first Shelby Mustangs. They may get faster in later model years, but never purer. I'll turn this one over to my son as a collector car 25 or 30 years from now.

LT Berzerker and Gpfarrell like this.
  8. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

My Son doesn't deserve this car.

Dave

Firesail likes this.
  9. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

Another thing.

I would like to remind all the younger readers of this thread.

When you get to be our age.
    Never trust a FART.
    It could be more than you bargain for.

Dave

Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
    Irsinn, Firesail and LuvfiestaST like this.
  10. jimclark

jimclark Active Member

Anybody seen my spectacles? Or my upper partial? And I need some tinfoil to put on the rabbit ears of my TV, anybody got some?

11. BlueBomber

BlueBomber Active Member

I'm coming up on 29 this year and hanging out with some of the Focus ST guys I felt really old.
    Like,
    "I'm too old for this hooligan sh!t."
    I also have bad joints, have to worry about giving myself kidney stones and have to worry about breaking my hips again. I got my Recaros (partially) for the heated seat option for my back

man I am too young to be so old already

12. sumo64c

sumo64c Member

You're not old until you can feel the cold fronts moving through when the arthritis weather function kicks in.

Firesail likes this.
  13. BlueBomber

BlueBomber Active Member

@sumo64c oh, but I DO feel every change in the weather in my bones thanks to the stainless steel support strap and the six holding my hips together. Every shift in the barometer is a world of pain because it's all concentrated right above my gentleman's area

With how strongly I feel the weather shifting, I ought to be a @%$#ing meteorologist

14. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Here ya go .. (taking a small strip off his tin foil hat and passing it to Jim.) <3

ronnie karlen likes this.
  15. reddog99

reddog99 Active Member

I never have figured out this barometer change business. I mean, what happens when you drive up a mountain? Answer: the barometric pressure changes. So why doesn't it hurt then???

16. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Lucky You I got to the Mtns and it is Ear pop city till I adapt... silly old flatlanders eh...

17. reddog99

reddog99 Active Member

Now that you mention it, I realize that I only very rarely notice my ears pop, even though I travel to over 4,000 ft & back every day. Maybe the pressure equalizes thru my pores...

18. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Lol that could be very well your adaptive nature at work ...

19. Irsinn

Irsinn New Member

This thread has developed a life of its own...:p

20. WScottCross

WScottCross Well-Known Member

Us old farts do tend to ramble on sometimes...

21. BlueBomber

BlueBomber Active Member

It -does- hurt then too but you don't notice as much. I don't 100% know what it is, I just know it hurts like a bastard when the weather changes.