Old farts thread

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Chat and Discussion' started by WScottCross, Feb 26, 2014.

1. x-wrx

x-wrx New Member

Ok old-timers, here's a question.

In my current BMW 128i I find some of the dashboard readouts hard to read due to their size. I am nearsighted and wear glasses to drive.

How do you all find the Fiesta's readouts?

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

What readouts? :wideyed:

Dave

WestcoastST likes this.
  4. reddog99

reddog99 Active Member

Blurry...

This is one thing that makes the MFD so difficult for me to use while underway. Can't read the damn thing clearly unless I look over my glasses and lean in closer to get focus. It doesn't help that some of the fonts are about 7 or 8 pt. and would appear small even sitting at a desk.

5. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

I just turn my miracle Ear up to 11 then when i hear engine noise over my passengers screams I know it is about time to shift..

6. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

Well, there's your problem.
    You are trying to get FOCUS in a FIESTA.
    Just go with it and enjoy the PARTY.
    Who cares what it says.

Dave

LuvfiestaST, Firesail and reddog99 like this.
  7. reddog99

reddog99 Active Member

I opened myself up to that one...

8. jimclark

jimclark Active Member

Seriously, though, with my new spectacles, I find the gauges much easier to read than in my Model A. I ignore that screen in the middle of the dash. If I have trouble, I found this button on the steering wheel that allows me to ask questions of some lady. No personality, and we always end up arguing, but sometimes it's useful. No idea where she's from, but I forgive her crankiness. She's always working, so I figure they don't pay her much.

reddog99 and Firesail like this.
  9. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

You know your an Old Fart if you know what this is.

[​IMG]

I have two of these.

Dave

CarefreeAZ likes this.
  10. reddog99

reddog99 Active Member

A Frantz toilet paper bypass oil filter! I don't have one, but I have had one! :)

I remember puzzling over which brand of paper would work best...

11. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

The answer is right on the canister.
    I just could find Frantz toilet paper.

Dave

12. raamaudio

raamaudio Active Member

I have been so busy yapping about everything else I never even saw this thread!

One page read, I will read the rest of course, great stuff here I must say and a few more things.

I will be 62 May 3rd.
    I have modded cars since I started with models at 8 or so then slot cars then real cars.....
    I drive 5 over most of the time, get it on a bit when I can but only out in the country, mountains, etc...
    I drive 10/10ths or slightly under on track where it is vastly more fun as on the edge is what matters the most, to me.
    I have built many fast cars but always handling/brakes/etc, come before power and beaten hundreds of higher powered cars.
    I will get to drive this fun little machine at speed on most if not all the tracks of my dreams, I sold 500HP, 2300lb, $$$$$$$, E36 M3 to do this.

13. raamaudio

raamaudio Active Member

The young like to talk about the old and memory lost and they simply do not have the experience to pass judgement.
    It is pretty easy to remember everything when there is so little filed away, "young, dumb and full of c.." seems appropriate in most cases:)
    Live a few more decades, do many things and do them well, like studying quantum physics for fun, teach yourself to build a race car, build a house...
    When you have a brain full of real experience it can be a bit daunting to remember where you stored it all.
    It is all there, just have a lot of files to go through at times to find it;)

Rick
    or was that Dick, or Prick, or.........I forget sometimes

MonsterST likes this.
  14. AlanBDahl

AlanBDahl Active Member

I don't consider myself old but this was the first turbo hatchback I bought new if that's any hint of my age. [​IMG]

15. Redlinez

Redlinez Member

That's about an 87 Mitsubishi Mirage turbo right?

16. AlanBDahl

AlanBDahl Active Member

Close, it's a 1986 Mitsubishi Mirage turbo upgraded with 1987 headlights (the different grill and earlier side marker lights indicate it's not a 1987 :)

17. Redlinez

Redlinez Member

Good job fooling me. The headlights did throw me off. Just joined the club, I'm 42. Pick up my white one by Saturday!

LuvfiestaST likes this.
  18. 55 & this is my second Fiesta. My first was a brand new 79 Fiesta, Clearcoat Silver Metallic, AM/FM stereo, red vinyl, rear window wiper (but no defroster). This was a direct cause of me learning a new vocabulary; Cibie, BAT, Supersprint, Mintex, Minilite, etc.
    MH

19. MasterPooBaa

MasterPooBaa Member

"One can grow old, but be immature forever!".

A quote I live by (not yet an old fart - 38)

Firesail likes this.
  20. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

You know you are getting old when,
    You want to take a nap after removing just lug nut.

Dave

21. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Well seeing how rough you are on your lugNUTZ i can imagine :)