Old farts thread

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Chat and Discussion' started by WScottCross, Feb 26, 2014.

1. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

I have great nuts now.

I just finished swapping out my suspension and I am exhausted.

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

I know i saw you have some of Joe's nutz and what you did you your factory nutz LOL
    what did ya swap in place of the Eibachs ??
  4. Be glad they are lug nuts. Lug bolts might put you in a coma.;)
  5. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

The OE nuts, I threw away.

Let's just say Joe got even more of my money.

6. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

BC ?? if so let know what style rear coils they sent ... barrel or straight
  7. Corey

Corey New Member

I couldn't agree more. I'm only 41 years old but my friends at work who are younger than me say this is my mid life crisis car, lol. Maybe they are right but it makes me feel young to drive it and I also tell my friends all the time that age is a state of mind. If it is a mid life crisis so be it but it is a mid life crisis that I will hang on to for a long time.
    LuvfiestaST likes this.
  8. MasterPooBaa

MasterPooBaa Member

Each pound of boost reduces your age by 1.
    RodMoe likes this.
  9. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Time to turn it up to 11 then :)
    Firesail and jimclark like this.
  10. jimclark

jimclark Active Member

I've gotta look at that turbo upgrade, then!
    Bronzit and Firesail like this.
  11. Bronzit

Bronzit New Member

I guess it's time for me to raise my hand & put in my bid for 'Oldest Fart' on this thread. See http://fiestast.net/posts/24733/ for my post (w/att.) about my 05/29/14 order for my MO FiST (w/Costco discount).
    I turned 72 last April. I still have my 1972 Ceylon BMW 2002tii parked in my garage, next to my '82 Honda CB750 Blackhawk. I am buying the 2015 ST so that I can park N protect my Daily Driver, which just got repaired after my (15th) rear-ending in my 2004 (Terminator) SVT Mystichrome Cobra. After 118 days in the shop for ~$8k damage, she looks like new. Some parts were hard to find.
    My mother used to name her cars ("Betsy"). Do you?
    I plan on modding my ST the same as my Cobra: CAI w/intercooler + cat-back exhaust (I live in So. Calif., so have to keep it CARB-legal). I am hoping to get it to 60 in <6 sec. I also plan to go to Ford's ST Octane Academy in Utah.
    I'm not Old: I'm in a So. Calif. State of Mind!
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2014
    Firesail, Mikeygti and Cligedy like this.
  12. ohskigod

ohskigod Member

Nice. I Name my cars. The ST is "Holly" and my Mustang is "Rachel"
  13. Cligedy

Cligedy Active Member

Let me know if you get tired of that 2002tii, I'd be glad to give it a good home.
    Bronzit likes this.
  14. Bronzit

Bronzit New Member

Thanks for your interest, Cligedy. I'll keep it in mind. The TII has quite a story & is not in shape to sell @ this moment. I aim to get it sold w/in a year, though.
  15. Cligedy

Cligedy Active Member

It sounds like it's in my price range too! ;)
  16. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

You know you are an Old Fart when

You can't take anything seriously anymore.
    Or, maybe it's just depression.
    captainmorbid likes this.
  17. OrangeFist

OrangeFist Member

58 yr old here. I really like the orange but was wondering what kind of remarks I would get about being an old person in a fast orange pocket rocket. So it dawned on me, "I don't really care." or because I can

If asked the above I think I'll say, "I bought it for my son but confiscated it because he got a B+. Now he'll never get into med school!"

Lastly, I'd like to see some statistics on how many folks in the 20s or even 30s know how to drive a stick.

ps: If I were supreme ruler of the universe, all would have to learn with 3 on a tree, no power steering, no power brakes! :D
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
    Firesail likes this.
  18. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

Or you could just say you don't like boring cars, as I do.

OrangeFist and Firesail like this.
  19. WScottCross

WScottCross Well-Known Member

I'm 50 and have never been asked or had any comments about my age vs. owning this car. You obviously won't find the statistics on this site as all of drive a manual. Since the percentage of new cars sold with a manual transmission is around 6%, I would guess the number of younger folks that can drive a stick is pretty low, probably in the 15-20% range.
    Firesail likes this.
  20. Firesail

Firesail Active Member

I learned to driven on a stick (three on the tree) and would like to always have the option to have this available. I have had automatics and hated driving them because you are not really "connected" to the car. I really feel that there has been a real dumbing down of drivers over the last 30-40 years. there is such a small percentage of people who can actually drive a manual that I think it is really pathetic that they no longer teach it in driver's ed. end rant.
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
    OrangeFist, reddog99 and jimclark like this.