Old farts thread

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Chat and Discussion' started by WScottCross, Feb 26, 2014.

1. ZREXER

ZREXER Member

54 here, it's just a number.
    Still do everything I did when I was twenty except contact sports!
    Still motorcycle, but did get rid of my modded Kawasaki ZX-14 and got a Suzuki Bandit 1250S, which is now modded as well.
    Still bicycle long distances.
    Was in Spain this year and hiked for 2 weeks on the Camino! Going back next spring to finish. About a half marathon a day with a back pack in mountainous country.
    Point is if you look after yourself, it really is just a number.
    My dad will be 89 in a few weeks and still does pretty much everything.
    One thing I can guarantee, no one can skip 'old', but make sure you treat your body at least as good as you treat your car!
    I laugh when at bike night guys will argue about how often to change your oil to insure maximum engine life and they are over weight and smoke!

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. AlanBDahl

AlanBDahl Active Member

Good for you! Have you seen the movie The Way? That’s inspired me to try the Camino myself some day. I’m 55 and autocross my Fiesta ST often, even taking a local class championship this year. My mom’s 86 and not only drives a Miata and a Fiesta SES but still works full-time as a waitress, sometimes walking 20 minutes to work each way. The old saying “you’re as young as you feel” definitely applies to her :).

4. ZREXER

ZREXER Member

Watching 'The Way' was how my wife and I first got interested in the Camino. Don't even hesitate, do it as it was the best holiday and personal challenge my wife and I have ever had. Spain is amazing as are the people. Met some real interesting people and some real characters as well.
    Make sure you train, that means walking 25 kilometres with your back pack a few times a week or weekends. We didn't do this and suffered some, but our overall fitness got us through in pretty good shape. We are doing allot of training for next years completion of it. Don't skimp on good light weight hikers either.
    Oh and the Spanish red wine is superb...

5. 2freyke

2freyke New Member

New old fart here.... 52 and counting...

6. Firesail

Firesail Active Member

Welcome!

7. 2freyke

2freyke New Member

Why thanks... Just put on the Winter Shoes for here in MD....

8. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Yes welcome they just salted the roads over here this past week with a bit of snow and Ice

9. OrangeFist

OrangeFist Member

58 here. Loving the car.

10. Stephen weeks

Stephen weeks New Member

Old farts rule, 68 tomorrow, gona take the st to island dragway on Friday night to lay down a base line. Probably never do it again. I got this thing for just running around and keeping the miles off my pickup wich is the tow vehicle for my bracket racer, a 10. Second fox. The st is a hoot just driving around

11. Steve@Tasca

Steve@Tasca Fiesta ST Network Sponsor

Don't think I posted in here yet, 48 years old. Don't drive an FiST but I do drive a boosted 2004 SVT Focus. Love these go karts for the street. :)

-Steve

12. arcyallen

arcyallen Member

I'm "only" 39 and decided to check this Old Farts thread. I like how an ad for "Retire In Ecuador!" is at the top :)