Option code 53R - "Over the Top Racing Stripe Graphics"

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Exterior Upgrades' started by Samara, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Samara

Samara New Member

Curious if anyone has ordered their ST with this option code? Ford marketing couldn't tell me what it looks like, what colors it would be, etc.. It shows up as an option on my dealer's order sheet, but has no info other than it's incompatible with the moon roof. I decided to just order my car without it and do it aftermarket if I want it, so I could get the moon roof. The best that ford could do was provide me with this link:
    Which has some good stuff, but didn't actually answer my question about what the factory option was.
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. Slowclimb

Slowclimb Active Member

I like the solid hood...if my car was not black I may go with something like that.
  4. jimclark

jimclark Active Member

My best guess is that it would be the Dual Center Stripe option. Didn't matter for me, as (a) I didn't order my car [yes, I got lucky!] and (b), it has a moon roof. [It has the moon roof only because the car was otherwise exactly what I wanted, and I didn't want to wait three months.] As I checked out the link, though, I couldn't help but notice the "bacon" graphics offering. Check it out. I think there's a Homer Simpson discount for that one.[​IMG]
    Firesail likes this.
  5. Samara

Samara New Member

I saw the bacon too, but you'd have to be Homer! Might as well give her some speed holes while I'm at it. image.jpg
    I think if I get stripes, they'll be off center and a gray that matches the wheels. We'll see - I'll drive her for a while first.
    Ben likes this.
  6. eRic

eRic Active Member

build & price a 2014 Focus ST then select Exterior Options > Exterior Stripe to see how it looks. I'd guess that the Fiesta ST would look similar.
  7. Samara

Samara New Member

Thanks, I actually did do that, as well as look at the mustang stripes. Problem is it's still a guess, and no indication of what color stripe would go on molten orange.
  8. Samara

Samara New Member

Found it!
    On the ford website now, or possibly i missed it earlier.
  9. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

These are very similar to the strips I had on my '11 SES.
    I like the look but decided to do something on my ST.

10. DirtyBlueshirt

DirtyBlueshirt Active Member

I could be biased, but I still like the S1600 look:

CarefreeAZ likes this.
  11. CarefreeAZ

CarefreeAZ Active Member

Where did you find the ST picture to configure on the Ford website?
  12. jimlau

jimlau Member

LuvfiestaST likes this.
  13. Slowclimb

Slowclimb Active Member

I like the black with flat black stripes...
    Firesail likes this.
  14. jimlau

jimlau Member

I agree, that's the best looking one.
  15. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Black on Blue does look good I bet it looks good on Tux Blk too...
  16. CarefreeAZ

CarefreeAZ Active Member

Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
    Firesail likes this.
  17. bigshotdan

bigshotdan Active Member

Matte on gloss looks brilliant. One of my friends recently had matte stripes stuck on her XR5 Focus. It's so subtle, but it works really well. That said, I'm not sold on stripes on the current generation Focus or Fiesta. They suited the Mk II Focus and Mk VI Fiesta but I wouldn't do stripes on mine now...