Pimp Your Dealer

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Sales and Service' started by WRC Fan, Aug 21, 2013.

1. wash

wash Active Member

Credit is funny, when I was trying to buy a house I had to increase my credit card spending limit to improve my credit rating.

I've heard of people rolling a car purchase in to a home loan too. That might be from before the banking meltdown, I'm not sure if its possible today (or a good idea to pay for a car over 30 years).

My point being sometimes its not obvious what helps and what hurts so talk to your loan officer about it.

The absolute worst thing that can happen is you learn that you can't get an auto loan as soon as you think. But its better to learn that now instead of when you try to buy. Best case you find a way to finance and afford both.

What ever happens make sure you are comfortable with the terms and payments because the banks are always looking at their own interests and that doesn't always equal a loan payment that you can afford.

I could have financed several homes that I couldn't really afford and if I did I would have defaulted or at least be very very deep under water in a house I don't really like (around here $500,000 bought a steaming pile back in 2005).
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. BLarson

BLarson New Member

I got a nice fat payout with the sale of my house and I am tempted to go buy one with cash. But I need to make sure I have enough cash to close first. Yeah the Bay Area is rough. We are looking in the Brentwood area for houses around 400k. A lot of $$ for a long commute. Lol
  4. AlanBDahl

AlanBDahl Active Member

Fugate Ford/Mazda in Enumclaw, Washington. This is the second Fiesta and sixth car overall (the other four were all Miatas) that I have bought from them. A great small-town dealership 40 miles from Seattle with low-pressure salesman and where it seems everyone is related in one way or another. A big thumbs up!
  5. Bluto

Bluto Member

If you can swing it I'd hold off on buying for a bit, Housing Bubble 2.0 is in full swing again in California. I sold my last place in 2007 right before the crash (and then proceeded to build a small fleet of cars and motorcycles w/ part of the profits ;-), knew it was coming thanks to a few blogs I follow. Tried to buy again in Sonoma Co. in 2011 and 2012 but it was impossible to compete w/ the legions of 100% cash flippers and specuvestors, am now on the sidelines waiting for the bubble to pop. A couple of blogs worth checking out are http://www.doctorhousingbubble.com/
    and http://thehousingbubbleblog.com/index.html
    also http://oftwominds.com/blog.html
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2013
  6. Mayhem

Mayhem Active Member

400kin Vancouver gets you like a 600 sq foot 1 bedroom condo. lol... And that's not even in the nicer areas.

To stay on topic, I am sure glad my dealer gave me a loaner vehicle while I wait for my car. It has already been 2 months in, and I have 2 months to go !
    4 months where I don't have to pay insurance. And using 1/3rd the gas I was using in my truck.
    Plus they took my truck in on trade right away, instead of making me wait... And it's already listed for less than what I would have had to sell it for privately to get what I got for it..

Also, the dealer wrote me a nice fat cheque up front for the difference on my truck, even though my car isn't due anytime soon, and they haven't sold my truck yet.. Which saved my ass, because I decided to head back to school again for some training.. I had the dough sittin around to pay tuition & supplies, which is going to cost 6k. Was expecting to start next year, but managed to squeeze in last minute and start in a week and a half instead since I was able to pay the tuition up front... If I was still working on selling my truck, I would have had to wait to start next year.

- - Happy camper.
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2013
  7. WScottCross

WScottCross Well-Known Member

Columbia Ford in Columbia, CT. This is the 4th vehicle and the 3rd Fiesta we've purchased from the same salesman. He's a great no pressure guy and they have always treated us well.
  8. FiestaST

FiestaST Active Member

Rhinebeck Ford in Rhinebeck, NY was a great experience! Bill was a great no pressure salesman and even though it took 3 months to arrive he kept me updated at every step. He also returned every email and was patient when I went there 50 times before I decided on ordering the Fiesta. I would recommend them if you are in the NY area.
  9. Smokin

Smokin Active Member

Ok, I'm all in!!! Ordered a Molten Orange FiST from Zeck Ford in Leavenworth, KS.
    Also ordered a Focus SE, fully loaded for my wife.

Got a great deal on my trades and this place was hopping! Went in at 4:30 last Saturday afternoon and they had at least 15-20 people buying cars and making deals......Where else do you see that on a lazy Autumn afternoon?

Best quote: "We make lots of internet sales and last month sold cars in states all over the US..."

Here you go: www.zeckford.com/
  10. Smokin

Smokin Active Member

Bump.....just an update now that I have the FiST!
    It came in in 10 weeks and 2 days just as the dealer told me it would.
    Also bought a 2014 Focus SE for my wife. Got excellent trades.

These guys are no pressure, honest, answer all questions and sell a sh**load of cars every month especially online and international.

If you're not buying local, give Jace a call at Zeck Ford www.Zeckford.com.

No BS!
  11. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

Pimp your dealer,
    He may already be,
    There are always "Ladies of the Evening" on that corner. ;)

My dealer is great.
    Galpin Ford
    We have been using Galpin Ford since 1958 and every time the deal has been perfect.
    If your ever in the L.A. area in need of sales or service.
    Send me a PM and I will hook you up with the right person.

Sent with my retro keyboard and mouse.

12. capt4inslow

capt4inslow New Member

I've been emailing back and forth with a bunch of dealers here in Socal.

Due to the sheer volume of sales they do at Galpin, I'm thinking most likely I'll end up at Galpin once I get competitive quotes from surrounding area dealers.
  13. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

You are right.
    You will be hard pressed to better than Galpin.
    We have known the owner since 1958.

When you are ready PM me and I will get you hooked up.

14. djdennehy

djdennehy Active Member

I purchased my FiST at Kenny Ross, they had to get my car from another Ford dealership but were able to get the car within 24 hours of my completing a credit app. Salesman Dave was very to the point, very little haggling and they were very responsive. They even offered me a lifetime warranty in addition to the factory's, so my engine, transmission and driveline are all covered for as long as I own the car. I would go there again as a customer. www.kennyross.com

Outside of new Ford purchases, I used to work at Foreign Traffic in Allison Park PA. Great collection of used vehicles, so if anyone ever needs a non-Ford, I would suggest giving them a call. www.foreigntraffic.com
  15. ST-in-Mich

ST-in-Mich Member

My salesmen Phil Bryant from Russ Milne Ford here in Macomb, MI was an extremely helpful guy. Kept it very low pressure when talking to him and made the entire process go off without a hitch. I think Ford and Phil may just get stuck with me for a while.
  16. sumo64c

sumo64c Member

Mike Richardson at Ken Wilson Ford, Canton NC......wife and I went to the dealership just to look and ended up buying her 13 fiesta SE there followed by my ST 6 months later. I despise car sales people, he was outstanding for both purchases. No BS, no nonsense or wheeling and dealing, very professional and informative. Will buy my next set of vehicles from him.