Plasti Dip!

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Wheel and Tire Upgrades' started by chalituna, May 23, 2014.

1. joker96

joker96 Member

uploadfromtaptalk1401304769424.jpg i also plasti dipped the mirrors

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. SirSlaughter

SirSlaughter Member

Hey I thought i would give you guys an update on the Plastidip I did on mine.

If you do white or any brighter color, make sure you do enough coats to get a really smooth finish. this way when you clean the car afterwards, the brake dust doesn't settle in the dips and such of a rough finish. I went and peeled mine off because it was doing that and I didn't do enough coats. So it's back to the silver rims for me.

But like I said, if you do enough coats to get a really nice and smooth finish, then it will be like you powder coated them and they will be easy to clean.

4. Fiat slayer

Fiat slayer Member

I my self just ordered the electric lime green matte finish for my wheels off of dip your car

5. graynicolas11

graynicolas11 Active Member

was it hard to plasti dip the st wheels? I wanna do it but don't want it to look like crap and theres a lot of different angles on the rim

6. joker96

joker96 Member

Just take your time. Thin coats don't miss spots. You should be good. Plasti dip is very forgiving lol

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

7. WScottCross

WScottCross Well-Known Member

I did at least 5-6 coats with about 30-45 minutes between. Like Joker said, thin coats so it doesn't run. I've had quite a few compliments on mine. The stock wheels were actually easier than the 12 spoke wheels I use for autocross

8. RDgolfer

RDgolfer Active Member

Can someone make a fake picture or a photo shopping picture of an Ingot Silver with glossy black stock wheels? I may do this...

9. RDgolfer

RDgolfer Active Member

And from what I've learned from other sites, don't even bother protecting the tires from the spray, as it just falls of eventually...but it seems there should be some cut off point so the excess on the tires doesn't pull the dip from the wheels as it degrades at high speeds, theoretically

10. The Duke

The Duke Member

Please uncover your center caps. Should add some nice matching blue as well.

11. RDgolfer

RDgolfer Active Member

Valid observation...that is what these forums are all about...information and having fun...without going overboard...hi guys!

12. SirSlaughter

SirSlaughter Member

the line between the tires and the rims /is/ the cutoff point. Plastidip "cuts itself" when you paint over little tiny gaps. Unless you straight up put the whole can on the gap itself, it will cut and you don't have to worry about the plastidip on the tires. I would suggest removing them once dry instead of leaving it on because you don't need little bits of rubber flying off of your wheels. It literally slides right off.

13. RDgolfer

RDgolfer Active Member

Excellent...that confirms what I saw from others...now I know it is needless to separate the edge of the rim from the tire

14. graynicolas11

dipped my tuxedo black ST wheel teal..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

djdennehy likes this.
  15. Smokin

Smokin Active Member

urp. sorry just threw up in my mouth. :))

Firesail likes this.
  16. graynicolas11

haha I've had nothing but positive response but hey, everyones welcome to their opinion :p that's the fun thing with plasti dip, you can try stuff..and if you don't like it/get tired of it..peel it off!

WScottCross, ST-in-Mich and joker96 like this.
  17. justus

justus New Member

IMAG0305_1.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 14, 2014
    FiSTofNoVA and graynicolas11 like this.
  18. LuvfiestaST

LuvfiestaST Active Member

Where are you guys buying your plasti dip from? It's expensive here in Toronto.

19. justus

justus New Member

You could order it online at dipyourcar.com or just go to lowes

20. LuvfiestaST

LuvfiestaST Active Member

If I remember it is nearly $20 (canadian) here

21. joker96

joker96 Member

Autozone and home depot here in Puerto Rico has each can for like 8$

LuvfiestaST likes this.