Potential Buyer from Texas

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Meet and Greet' started by RavynX, Jan 28, 2014.

1. ChrisTahoe

ChrisTahoe New Member

In my experience, the seat fabric makes a bigger deal about sweat than the shape of the seat. In the STi I had and the base Fiesta, no sweating. In my Miata though, with stock seats that bolster about the same as the Fiesta, my lower back gets all wet. The Recaros (IMO) are part of what makes the Fiesta so magical. That hugging adds to the sensation of speed.

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2 Active Member

I don't miss my out going '11 Mazdaspeed 3 at all... even though it was faster. :wacky: The Fiesta ST just does so many things right. It is a "purist" driving car and one of the best cars I have ever owned (out of around 50 vehicles).

4. pelotonracer2

Nice bike... here's my steed. I built about 10 of these a year (for 2 1/2 years) and only 22 exist anywhere (no two are exactly alike i.e. color, specs ect). 13.5 pounds, SRAM Red, very custom build. :)

Raptor1.jpg

5. RavynX

RavynX Member

Man, I HATED the leather seats in my 2000 Miata; same issue that you had with the sweat in the summer. I've had leather in all but the first car I owned so it'll be interesting going back to cloth (should be a bit better on air circulation). This car will be my daily driver as well to keep the miles off of my S2000 so sliding in and out of the base seats is a bit better than the Recaros from what I have tested.

6. jimclark

jimclark Active Member

Very nice! I'm not a SRAM guy, having been Shimano forever, but Red's sure a nice group.

pelotonracer2 likes this.
  7. pelotonracer2

With that said, I started cycling in 2005 and first rode Shimano Ultegra 6600 or 6700 (I can't remember what they had back in those days), then Dura-Ace 7800 and then in 2009 or 2010 transitioned over to DA-7900 (and I built my road bikes with both SRAM Red and DA-7900 (based on customer preference). When SRAM Red came out I tried it (the 10 speed version) and will never ride Shimano again. lol. :p Some people love the double tap, some people hate it. One of the major reasons I prefer it is it has crisper "click" when shifting, and moving up or down from big ring to little ring is so much smoother and direct, even when the derailleur cables get stretched and it needs some adjustment. Red is also significantly lighter. I won't use a Red front derailleur as the cage sometime flexes and causes weird shifting. I now will only use Force. However, I *REALLY* like DA-7900 Di2. It's so Indy car paddle shift direct... and you can actually up or down shift the front derailleur while actually standing and pedaling. It's phenomenal. :woot: Only downside is cost. Unless you have DA-7900 already on your bike, it's like almost $5k upgrade. lol. I used to do about 10,000 mile of volume and 2-3 races per year. These days I'm lucky to do half that. hahaha :depressed:

jimclark likes this.
  8. jimclark

jimclark Active Member

Since I no longer race, and since frame weights and build weights are now generally so low, I think Ultegra 6870 Di2 is my gruppo of choice. Saves money, very reliable, more rugged, etc. And yes, you can shift while standing on the pedals! Both SRAM and Shimano (and yes, even Campy!) are great choices, really. No wrong answers as far as I'm concerned, though I've got my preferences.

9. RavynX

RavynX Member

Purchased last night, took some daytime photos at lunch today. =)

The pinstripe will be coming off this weekend. Why do dealers do this? =P

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Started at 210 miles (got driven in from Laredo, TX)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 11, 2014
    RodMoe likes this.
  10. Sil3nt611

Sil3nt611 Active Member

I test drove the two that were at Bluebonnet Ford and they both had dealer installed pinstripes as well. I removed the pinstripes on my ZX2 back when I bought it used, I definitely don't want pinstripes on my ST.

11. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Looks great .. I was wondering what my car might look like clean of this winter grime .. +1 for removing the PS

12. jimclark

jimclark Active Member

Completely agree re: the dealer pinstripes. Bad idea all the way 'round.

13. RavynX

RavynX Member