Pro Race 3 (White) / Direzza Z2s

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Wheel and Tire Upgrades' started by joe@2j-racing, Oct 23, 2013.

1. joe@2j-racing

joe@2j-racing Active Member

Waiting on a set of white Pro Race 3s with Direzza Z2s. This should greatly help the FiST track much better than the mediocre OEM RE050As.

I dunno how the white will look on the Green Envy.. I couldnt find any similar pics out there

wheel.JPG

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. joe@2j-racing

Oh and these should drop 4lbs p side. Not sure on the tire weight differences

4. moshaholic2

moshaholic2 Active Member

good wheel. I'm thinking pro race 1.2 for mine after this winter.

5. joe@2j-racing

Stickers arrived. 10x's better than our OEM RE050a's

z2.jpg

pelotonracer2 likes this.
  6. doudou

doudou Member

wow this tire look cool , like the draw on

7. Ataru

Ataru Member

I can't wait to see how those 215/40/17s look on the FiST

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

8. BRGT350

BRGT350 Well-Known Member Staff Member

[​IMG]
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST with Axis Touring Cup Wheels 084
    by Bryan Redeker BRGT350, on Flickr

P215/40 17 on an ST :)

For me, the P215/40 17 is the only way to go on the car. Wider and extra sidewall is a win-win in terms of footprint and rim protection. Plus, it looks more like a functional car instead of a tuner with ultra small sidewalls. I found the performance of the RE050A's to be very good, but the Direzza ZII is going to be much better. I ran Yokohama S-Drives for a week and did not notice too much of a performance degradation on the street. I expect track and autocross results to really show the RE050A's being better than the Yokes.

Joe, awesome pick for wheels and tires!

9. Smokin

Smokin Active Member

Good pick for wheels and tire, great look and they are excellent tires for around town and autocross. However, I am leaning toward Direzza ZII in a 225/45x16. Any thoughts from anyone on this?

10. joe@2j-racing

Apparently there have been some incorrect reports about the Pro Race 3. I weighed the rims and tires -

Pro Race 3 - 17x7 4x108 = 19.8lbs << way heavier than reported
    Direzza ZII - 215/40/17 = 21.6lbs

Total Weight= 41.4lbs

Total Weight of the OEM FiST (Painted Grey) - 41.2lbs

So based on the info presented here I was hoping to save a few lbs and that wasnt the case. Granted the Direzza's weight 2.5 (avg) lbs more than most 215 tires, I didnt plan on the Pro Race wheels coming in at 20lbs.

Very disappointing.

11. COBB

COBB Active Member

Well that's a bummer to hear! What offset did you get?

Ian

Last edited: Nov 2, 2013
  12. wash

wash Active Member

Not having weighed a bunch of tires, are you saying the average 215-40r17 weighs around 19 lbs?

With all the other reasons to go to SEMA, now I need to beg BFG to make a Rival that fits.

I really hope I can go.

13. PCA-1

PCA-1 Active Member

Per the UK, the weight "should be" as listed. I wasn't thrilled with that answer and had TD USA weigh a 17x7/42mm and it came in at 19.8 as well.

I have asked for the listed stock weight to be corrected.

14. Mr UFO

Mr UFO Active Member

Any rubbing with this tire? Im thinking about running the same tire and size on the stock wheels for autox.

15. joe@2j-racing

No rubbing at all with 215/40/17 AND 10mm spacer on the PR3s. That includes over bumps, hard cornering, etc. Set on 2JR BC coilovers. FYI, these are the EXACT same as the stock weight with tire. So the only advantage is the extra width wo a weight penalty.

td5.jpg td4.jpg td3.jpg td2.jpg td1.jpg

moshaholic2 and bryramos like this.
  16. pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2 Active Member

That's the exact tire I will be running too, but on Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 17x7.5 42 offset wheels.

17. pelotonracer2

LOVE the wider stance look of the 215s. Looks a lot less "spare tire-ish" lol.

18. pelotonracer2

Yeah, that is a bit disappointing for me as well. One of the MAIN reasons for me wanting the Pro Race 1.2s was the less reciprocating mass (weight) of those wheels. I'm sure the 17x7.5s would come in OVER the weight of the stock wheels. -sigh-

19. joe@2j-racing

You could probably get away with a 15mm spacer and still not rub but 10mm was enough stance for me without having to deal with pulling or tugging on the fenders. My fenders are stock.

I think the optimum wheel would be a 17x8 with 35offset, zero rubbing. I think we'll see people running 17x9s with a light pull on the fender.

20. Mr UFO

Mr UFO Active Member

Looks great. Already have the Wildwoods-sweet!
    Just so I'm clear your offset is 42 and the spacer pushes it to 32.
    I'm thinking 17x7.5 +35 would be just about right for the track.

21. Mr UFO

Mr UFO Active Member

Also, I would have thought the 215 would bulge more on a 7. Looks just about perfect.