Question About Stereo

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Chat and Discussion' started by Atomic17, Jan 3, 2014.

1. joker96

joker96 Member

The setup i want is 1all new speakers,sub, amps (1 for bass and 1 for to run the speakers) and a sound processor. I hate the way the stereo equalizes the sound that's why I prefer to Bluetooth music because I can let my phone do the equalization and it's much better.

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. stuntdoogie

stuntdoogie Active Member

Upgrading music on my FiST is the last thing on my mind. I bought this car for its race car aspects. All I wanna hear coming out this car is a mean ass growl when I WOT. A fine tuned exhaust will be my music upgrade :)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Firesail and joker96 like this.
  4. Atomic17

Atomic17 New Member

Guys, thanks so much for all the input - I'll be checking out the Sony system soon, I'm pretty sure it'll be just what I want!

Thanks again!

5. F1ST

F1ST Member

I really liked the sound from my 2011 Fiesta SE with the Sync radio, non MFT. It was the first vehicle I've owned that I didn't feel that the audio system was severely lacking. I had previously owned older Audi/VWs that for some reason would never have a speaker larger than 4". I always had added a subwoofer to my cars and the SE didn't seem to need one.

On the SE Sync radio I had it set to driver listening position preset and Rock on the preset EQ. For me that provided the best sound.

A few things about the ST Sony stereo after a few days of using it.

Phone / media player integration seems better than my SE. It just seems to work better with my iPhone.

There are no EQ presets. You need to adjust high/mid/low manually. I find I need to turn the mids/highs down 3 clicks and the bass up 3 to get it to sound close to my old SE.

I can't get it to sound right with the driver seat listen position preset, I just fade right a few clicks.

The only real complaint I have about the system is the Sirius audio quality. I didn't realize that the compression Sirius uses is so high. The highs just seem wrong and I can't use it. I won't be renewing the subscription. This isn't a fault of the radio though, just what it is being fed.

Overall it is a great radio. I think the adjustments will let you dial in the sound the way you like. Short of adding a sub if you want mega bass and I can't see justifying the weight, space, and electrical drain penalty.