question for those who got recaros and those who didn't

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Chat and Discussion' started by stealth fighter, Oct 28, 2014.

1. FORZDA 2

FORZDA 2 Member

I'm using the Schroth Rally 3 harness. I've used this harness in several street/track cars, so I'm very familiar with it. I mounted the lap belts to the stock seat mount points, inserting the harness tab under the seat track from the outside. The harness shoulder belts converge into a single belt that you attach to the driver side C-pillar. I installed mine under the stock shoulder belt feed-through support.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. Chuckable

Chuckable Member

I was worried that they wouldn't break in, but they do over time. Overall, the character of the Recaros seems to suit the car well.

4. madhatter

madhatter New Member

I went with the base seats. i couldn't see the bolsters of the Recaros holding up well over time, and honestly i didn't fit in them very well either. I'm 170 lbs and 5'8", so i'm not a big guy, just didn't like how the seat bottom made heel-toe harder, and put the backs of my legs to sleep after a short test drive. Add in the fact they were $2k, and the only downside was I had to order the car instead of pick from the dealer lot.

5. Removed

Removed Guest

If you can afford them, get them.

6. rcl4668

rcl4668 Active Member

Suit and tie guy here as well and no issues with wrinking of clothing. The recaros are a bit tight on me but seem to be breaking in around the 6-7K mark.

7. Driver45

Driver45 Member

The Recaros were worth every penny!! I was concerned about getting hot in the Summer, but it it was never a big issue. Clothes wrinkling is not really an issue that I have noticed. The only gripe I have with them is that they make getting in and out of the vehicle more difficult. I can deal with it since they are worth it once you are in them, but my passengers complain about them. However, I did not buy the car for my passenger's enjoyment!!! My fiancee has an issue with them pinching her arms if I take a corner hard, as she is a little small for them and almost fits between the bolsters with her arms. They are a very decisive unit. They look fantastic and are great when you drive spirited, but not everyone can fit in them and it can make it awkward for someone of a larger size when they want to ride with you. But, at the end of the day when the decision comes for you I would say just do it!!

8. InsTwin

InsTwin Member

I got them and I'm very pleased with the purchase. I'm 6'2"/230lbs or so and they fit me fine even not having been broken in. I'm not totally sure about this, but it does seem like the Recaros decreases rear seat leg room by a bit. Not sure if that's a factor or not for you.

Can't speak of clothes wrinkling or not, but it doesn't seem like it would unless you are a really large person and your shirt back gets folded in the bolsters somehow.

9. MasterPooBaa

MasterPooBaa Member

Love my Recaro's. So much love i think that EVERY vehicle should have them.
    Not just form fitting, but so much nice lumbar support, which my spine really appreciates.

LuvfiestaST likes this.