Questions for dataloggers

Discussion in 'COBB Tuning' started by smatty, Oct 25, 2015.

1. smatty

smatty Member

I often run logging to and from work all week and then upload and look em over on the weekend. It is kinda fun to look at all the numbers and get a general sense of how the car responds to different road conditions. But I have noticed that I will often have knock counts for various times that seem strange.

What do the knock values even mean? Is it a per second value? I can sometimes have a knock value of 1 or more for 1<60 seconds.

As I look through the data it would seem that etc angle actual plays some part in the equation of the knock count going up or returning to zero. But I have no idea what the etc angle actual does or measures.

Timing corrections are rarely negative and since this happens during my daily driving, the % load actual rarely goes above 1.0 (and especially where I see these strange knock counts because I am usually between cruising at 33-45% throttle).

For those of you that understand the data logging, maybe you could shed some light on what any of this stuff means.
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor