Quick Shift

Discussion in 'FSWERKS' started by mcummings182, Nov 4, 2013.

1. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Ya i was looking at the ball placement and it looks old style and on some cars like ours it could hit the gear selector lever on a 6th gear change .. bet they don't warranty as well as Ken did at Mtune...

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2 Active Member

Yeah, for $249.00 (or whatever they are asking) I'll just invest in some other parts. lol. It's not like the stock shifter is THAT bad anyways. :p Besides, I know it's only a matter of time before someone makes something similar and sells it for under $100.00 ~cough cough~ J Barone ~ cough cough~. :mischievous: :biglaugh: :whistling: The Corksport short shift kit for my MS3 was $69.00 and looked almost identical to the Mountune one except it is not a "set" ball point like Mountune's unit. You could adjust the ball just by loosening the nut on the back side and sliding the ball left or right for PERFECT adjustment (or whatever your shift preference is). :D

http://www.corksport.com/corksport-mazdaspeed-short-shift-plate.html

Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
    mrtn likes this.
  4. Robert

Robert New Member

Well that was a helpful thread. I have been somewhat disgusted with this kit for about a week now as it's so damn "notchy" and I have experienced the 6th gear issue big time. It's nice to know I'm not just "picky" or hallucinating, etc. I'm heading back to Fswerks on Friday to have it addressed or removed, whichever returns it to a decent state of operation.

5. spangenb

spangenb Active Member

Yeah Robert on my initial test drive it all felt good, but I didn't need 6th gear. Later that night we actually went someplace with the car and the 6th gear issue was apparent right away. A look under the hood the next day showed the cause pretty quickly.

6. reddog99

reddog99 Active Member

Well, that's disheartening. When I had the trouble with my shifter, I had privately speculated that the old model "bad" shift kits would continue to be sold regardless. It's really disappointing that Mountune didn't recall all the old models even though they knew of the problem, and I'm disappointed to find out that I was right.

Mountune has allowed the old kits to be sold by using the excuse that not ALL Fiestas have the problem. They let you spend good money/hours to have the kit installed (and then uninstalled), or waste many of your own personal hours doing the installation/uninstallation. And more money/hours spent installing the new replacement if you choose to go that route.

I do hope that no one gets a damaged transmission from Mountune's irresponsibility.
    It appears that ethics has taken a back seat to profits. :poop:

MOFiST and Firesail like this.
  7. Firesail

Firesail Active Member

I agree they should replace all of the original units with ones that are redesigned to work on ALL FiSTs.:mad:

8. Ken@mountune

Ken@mountune Active Member

We have not continued sales of the original designed shifter as speculated here. All of the parts with issue were pulled from our stock and destroyed. The revised design was phased in early December. The dealers where notified and replacement parts were sent to update their stock. If in fact FSwerks installed the original designed part, it was purely a oversite and we will work with them to get your shifter replaced under warranty.

If anyone else needs a replacement part, contact me at use@mountune.com .

9. Ken@mountune

It's not a rebadged mountune part. It's a blatant copy of the early version.

10. reddog99

reddog99 Active Member

Then I apologize for my earlier comments, and I'm glad I was wrong.

11. Ken@mountune

redog99 ..no worries. I'm glad you were wrong too. Again, if anyone has concern with their Quickshift, please contact us directly or the dealer you purchased it from. We will do our very best to make sure you are happy with our parts. Thanks

12. spangenb

spangenb Active Member

I have the original part and slightly bent the vertical shift arm for clearance. I am satisfied with this situation though because I want to keep the shorter shift. Ken, there has been speculation here but can you confirm how much the ratio changed with the new part?