Racing a leased car?

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Sales and Service' started by MLKN, Nov 5, 2013.

1. MLKN

MLKN Active Member

Anyone know of any issue with this? I was going to lease for tax reasons. What if there is a mechanical problem on race day? Does it void warranty? Maybe a stupid question.

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. wash

wash Active Member

Warranties have limitations, read it.

Repeat after me:

"I was looking for a parking spot but someone set up all these traffic cones."

Sargine likes this.
  4. brian

brian Member

Lots of cars have "crashed into trees" just outside of dragstrips...

Personally, I wouldn't worry about it unless you're going to run the targa Newfoundland in the thing. It's not like the dealer is going to come out and fix the car wherever you are the exact moment you have a problem with it. If it needs towed, I'd recommend pushing it across the street though, and removing the race tires!

djdennehy likes this.
  5. drop360

drop360 New Member

If you do, it might be a good idea to limit internet posting about it. Just in case.

djdennehy and Noah like this.
  6. MLKN

MLKN Active Member

Thanks. The good thing about autocross is I can push it to the parking lot and say I was a spectator or riding along with someone else.

7. eRic

eRic Active Member

oh... you're talking about autocrossing. autocross is not "racing"
    autocross events are driving skill contests that emphasize the driver's ability and the car's handling characteristics by driving a course that is designated by traffic cones on a low hazard location, such as a parking lot. speeds are no greater than those normally encountered in legal highway driving.

Cligedy and djdennehy like this.
  8. djdennehy

djdennehy Active Member

now for modifying a leased car... that would be a no no

9. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

competition would be a NO-NO.
    Open track days would not be a problem as you are NOT racing.

Dave