Radar detector: Valentine 1 or Passport 9500ix?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by johnnyquest, Nov 9, 2013.

1. eRic

eRic Active Member

Valentine One is the greatest radar locator of all time. I bought one in 2002 and have upgraded it twice since then. The V1 doesn't become obsolete. You can have it updated when new features are released. Personally I wouldn't rely on GPS to block false alarms. Yes the V1 is chatty at times so I know were every motion and speed sensor is located from home to work and everywhere else. The V1 has paid for itself several times over in the years that I have owned it.
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. CarefreeAZ

CarefreeAZ Active Member

I guess I'll be in a the minority (of one perhaps) here but I don't use a radar detector and feel that if I get a speeding ticket, I deserved it. That probably isn't always the case but that's the way it goes sometimes.
  4. RDgolfer

RDgolfer Active Member

Well, you are an idiot...unless you drive like my dead grandmother
  5. Zormecteon

Zormecteon Active Member

I went without for years, preferring to keep alert and not go so far over the limit as to warrant the attention of the constabulary,... BUT.......
    with this car it's just to easy to punch it and be at extra-legal speeds ... before I know what 's happening. .I don't use the detector (V1) as an enabler so much as to alert me if there IS a danger... . That being said, it is a comfort to be able to see a hole in traffic and drop the hammer to clear a rolling jam knowing that I am NOT speeding into the chance to pay some extra taxes.
  6. CarefreeAZ

CarefreeAZ Active Member

Well, since we have resorted to name-calling, I'll just say good bye to this forum.
  7. Mikeygti

Mikeygti Active Member

Sorry to see you go, but I can't say that I blame you. Some post's by that member have been bizarre to say the least.
    ghostwhite likes this.
  8. RDgolfer

RDgolfer Active Member

Bizarre...that's it..I'm leaving too! If anyone thinks it's better not to have a radar detector than having one, yes you lack intelligence
  9. ST-in-Mich

ST-in-Mich Member

I wouldn't say its better to no have a radar detector, but it's certainly not necessary. I will admit to consistently driving like a 'hooligan' especially on the freeway, but I have never been pulled over, or not seen a speed trap.