Rally Armor Mud Flap Interest Thread

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Exterior Upgrades' started by WRC Fan, Aug 24, 2013.

1. miketank89

miketank89 Member

Yea it is definitely something you have to get over. I dont notice it anymore/ pretend its not there.

Sent from

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. I was looking at the instructions for mine and it doesn't say anything about reinstalling the body cladding end cap. I was just going to put a little leading edge tape over the front edge of the rocker cladding & let her eat. That would make things fit a little closer.
    MH

4. spangenb

spangenb Active Member

I tried leaving the end cap off. Didn't work. Now let me try to remember why LOL. I think one of the attaching points is a hole in the end cap and that one was important. I briefly considered making up a bracket that would let me leave the end cap off but still attach the flap, but decided it wasn't worth the effort.

5. Thomas

Thomas New Member

I am in!

6. Parker

Parker Member

Put on the Rokblokz flaps today with John, the owner. There were a few things that we did that made a huge difference. On the front we clipped the bottom of the plastic inner fender piece and tucked it inside the body panel, then left the end cap on. Mounting it that way looks great. These flaps are awesome, and you sure can't beat the price. Seen way to many RA's flapping in the wind, and I love the matte finish as well.

We made a video that we will be posting shortly that makes the install super simple. I'll let you know as soon as it's finished

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

aborbs87 likes this.
  7. aborbs87

aborbs87 Active Member

A video! You are a god sir

Parker likes this.
  8. burton227

burton227 New Member

agreed! I have been waiting for a mud flap installation video for some time now. Maybe I will finally be able to pull the trigger on a set.

Parker likes this.
  9. Parker

Parker Member

Here is the video! Let me know if you guys have any questions about it.

stuntdoogie and burton227 like this.
  10. burton227

burton227 New Member

Anyone have any updates on when the rally armor flaps will be ready?

11. WScottCross

WScottCross Well-Known Member

I ordered the short Rokblokz and got them installed last night. I like the look but the front ones still don't sit flush like in Parker's install. I followed the updated instructions about tucking most of the wheel well liner behind the fender and it still doesn't sit flat. Overall, I like the look, just wish they fit better in the front.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. miketank89

miketank89 Member

Looks good on your car. Give it a few weeks and you wont even notice anymore. I think one of mine is crooked and i cant even figure out which one it is now.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

13. SirSlaughter

SirSlaughter Member

@WScottCross can we get a full body shot? I really like the idea of mudflaps but I don't know if I myself would like the look all the way. I really wanna see a race red or molten orange full body shot with the rally mudflaps.

14. WScottCross

Well, you guys know how much I hate to show off my car, but if you insist....;)

[​IMG]

They are pretty subtle and fit in with my black/orange theme perfectly and they really help keep the car cleaner longer.

15. SirSlaughter

SirSlaughter Member

Dude that looks pretty sweet. Thanks for the body shot. Now I have a way better idea of how it looks on that color. I am now very interested in acquiring some mudflaps on mine. (Once that computer I have sells)

16. WScottCross

You're welcome! Keep in mind that these are the short mudflaps (made for lowered cars) and I ordered the red lettering and it's a perfect match since their red is sort of molten orangish anyway.

TapTapPull likes this.
  17. TapTapPull

TapTapPull Active Member

It's great to know these are the shorter flaps. I was wondering how they'd look. If I buy it will be the short flaps. Thanks for the great pics.

18. spangenb

spangenb Active Member

For comparison, mine are the "long"ones ... uploadfromtaptalk1404856118282.jpg

WScottCross likes this.
  19. WScottCross

Still looks great IMHO.

20. SirSlaughter

SirSlaughter Member

OK nice to know the difference in size. The short flaps look so much better IMO.

21. spangenb

spangenb Active Member

Since I drive my car through 4 seasons and pretty harsh winters I opted for the functional benefit of the long ones. Since my car is lowered I have heard them scrape a little when going over speed bumps.