Rally Armor Mud Flap Interest Thread

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Exterior Upgrades' started by WRC Fan, Aug 24, 2013.

1. timboslice

timboslice Active Member

The red looks really good with the OW paint! I went with black flaps and red stickers. Tossed them on this weekend, pretty simple install.

I can see why RA is having trouble developing flaps... There really no good, solid points to mount the flaps. The most robust points are clips glued to the body (used to hold the wheel well liner) and the liner itself is used as a mounting point. This probably works ok since the flaps aren’t heavy but if they were, I would imagine they would pull the liner down and not sit flush. I’m happy with the rear flaps but the front fitment leaves a bit to be desired. I might tweak them a little bit and apply a little double side tape in the spring.

All in all, happy with my purchase. Would recommend as an alternative.
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. jproy12

jproy12 Member

Just called them this afternoon (I was the one that had called them about a month ago), and was told that they are a couple weeks away, 2-3 weeks and they are hoping to get them out before the holidays (Christmas). Was told that they are definitely going into production, it's just a matter of getting them done. If you have submitted a ticket on their website, you will be notified as soon as they are released.

Here's a picture on their Instagram, it seems like they state "late 2014/early 2015 launch":
  4. Jonnyz

Jonnyz Member

Does anyone have more info on the release of these? I submitted a ticket but still haven't gotten a very good response on the eta.
  5. iLiptiKal

iLiptiKal Active Member

I've been on the notification list since May and havnt heard anything from RA at all. Just the few updates provided here from @miketank89 because he was doing the test.
  6. Eric Hamann

Eric Hamann Member

Me too and I haven't heard anything
  7. Eric Hamann

Eric Hamann Member

As of today this was the email I got.....

At this time, we are prepping for the product launch, we wanted you to know that we appreciate your continued patience. We will be sure to notify you as soon as the flaps are available for purchase.
  8. Firesail

Firesail Active Member

I can't believe that it has taken them more than 15 months to get this to market.
    Jonnyz likes this.
  9. Eric Hamann

Eric Hamann Member

Side not I like the black st logo lol
  10. Firesail

Firesail Active Member

11. captainmorbid

captainmorbid Active Member

Add in the time for regular Fiesta's...

60 months... :eek:
    Firesail likes this.
  12. Eric Hamann

Eric Hamann Member

In your profile pic... The black ST logo
  13. Firesail

Firesail Active Member

Look real closely - it is a carbon fiber overlay. I don't expect everyone to like it.
  14. TapTapPull

TapTapPull Active Member

15. Turboduck01

Turboduck01 Member

The shipping is an absurd price. Am I just spoiled from amazon prime?
  16. xorpheous

xorpheous Member

You're spoiled. Shipping is on par with non-Amazon rates. ...however, I prefer the Amazon Prime rate.
    jimclark likes this.
  17. jproy12

jproy12 Member

18. jimclark

jimclark Active Member

Skimmed through the instructions. I've seen easier instructions for removal of a gall bladder. Not that terribly hard, I guess, but the whole thing retains a whiff of Rube Goldberg. And besides, I think if I drive fast enough, the rocks will all just spray out behind me, on the principle, "If you drive fast enough, all problems recede to the vanishing point in the rear view mirror."
  19. xorpheous

xorpheous Member

@jimclark, you need to come rallycross with us! If you wonder why one should buy rock flaps, you need look no further than my Focus SVT. The rockers are blasted down to bare metal! I'm going to get some bed liner paint for the rockers once I get the engine fired up again. In the meantime, Black with blue lettering RallyArmor flaps have been ordered and will be installed for the June RallyCross.
  20. Bronzit

Bronzit New Member

21. jimclark

jimclark Active Member

I sent you an IM on "the other forum"--run by some dweeb that doesn't like "Like" buttons! :jawdrop: :meh: --saying I'm leaning toward the black and red. (Obvious, I know.) But first have to get the purchase order approved by the CEO. And yes, I wanna get out to RX this thing. See ya soon, my friend!