Rally/touring car-style driving lights

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Exterior Upgrades' started by jimlau, Jan 19, 2014.

1. jimlau

jimlau Member

So I came across this, the Ice Nine Group/Team O'Neill Fiesta ST from SEMA. I don't really like anything about the car except those recessed lights in the front grill. It's definitely crazy for a road car, but is anyone looking into doing anything like this? It does accentuate the "Aston" front end style, in my opinion.

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. mossdahaus

mossdahaus Member

Actually I would love something like this???[​IMG]
    Kalil, brian and moshaholic2 like this.
  4. moshaholic2

moshaholic2 Active Member

^^^^^ that car looks f****ing good. The one think I like about the Focus ST over the Fiesta in the looks department is the width,
  5. level42

level42 Active Member

This looks very similar to a stock front end, or am I just crazy. Looks like the only thing changed was that the grill was removed.

In any case, I'd REALLY love to see what these look like on a rather stock ST (With grill removed, and lights seated like they are here.)
  6. BRGT350

BRGT350 Well-Known Member Staff Member

I am planning on installing 2-4 Hella 500's on the grille for winter use. The plan would be to install a large backing plate behind the honeycomb and run the fog lamp bolts through the grille and secure them to the backing plate. I have seen a Focus ST with 3 large fog lamps, and that looked pretty good as well.
  7. Slowclimb

Slowclimb Active Member

I love that look on the right car...I had not thought about it on the fiesta, but maybe it would work...on my mini I had a light bar mounted across the front with two Hella 500 Fogs and two Hella 500 Driving lights
  8. level42

level42 Active Member

These should work out quite nicely hidden behind the grill :cool:
  9. F1ST

F1ST Member

Yeah, so much room behind it. Haven't seen that much room on any car before.
  10. level42

level42 Active Member

I wouldn't know, I haven't gotten my car yet :scared:

Soon, my precious! :mischievous:
  11. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Soon Enough you will be able to see and feel all the ST goodness for yourself :)
    Firesail likes this.
  12. badmoonkid24

badmoonkid24 Member

My concept did most of it with plastidip uploadfromtaptalk1391916942033.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1391917008081.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1391917034722.jpg

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
    Kalil likes this.
  13. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

nice detail touch with the rivets :)
  14. silvertoy

silvertoy Member

Lol, had the same setup on my Mini and my WRX. Was planning on doing something with the fiesta too. The issue is LED vs. Halogen. I have 5 hella 500s (2 driving, 1 fog, 2 spot) with 100W bulbs on my jeep. I also have 5-10W 30 degree beam LEDs on a windshield light bar on the Jeep. I have to say, the LEDs put the Hellas to shame for output, plus they're wicked small and were about $17 each on amazon ( shipped from China :( ). So although I love how my old 500s looked on my WRX and Mini, kinda torn if the functionality of the LEDs is going to be better.
  15. F1ST

F1ST Member

What model are the LEDs?
  16. silvertoy

silvertoy Member

I was mostly looking for a brand that had CREE LEDs, TMH is what I got I believe. They had nice aluminum housings but the mounting left a little to be desired. But they've made it through about a year of use with no issues, I did buy a couple extras just in case. There are some LED light bars out there that will put these to shame as well. If I was interested in driving my car in the winter, I would probably get a 10 LED bar, then add some yellow xpel film, although I would want to experiment on a single cheaper housing to see if the film creates heat issues. Right now, pretty happy with the improvement my hella optilux yellow bulbs gave me for fogs. I would want the extra set for driving assistance, either spot or driving pattern.