Rear sway bar, yes or no?

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Autocross' started by AlanBDahl, May 12, 2014.

1. Mister_Mino

Mister_Mino Member

If this bar is compliant then the similar Eibach bar would be legal or does the Eibach bar's mounting points what makes it not legal?

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. jasyatz

jasyatz Member

Eibach bar is legal... Per Dougs reply to the pictures I sent him.

4. Mister_Mino

Mister_Mino Member

I want a bar that extends all the way or attaches as close as possible to the wheels. Just my opinion, the bars that only attach to the center of the twist beam would be uncontrollable in the different levels of resistance thought the entire length of the twist beam. If that makes any sense, lol...

Would be making the twist beam progressive in multiple stages in its twist rather than linear. IMO...

5. jasyatz

jasyatz Member

It does make sense, and yes they do make one, but it's illegal right now until I find a way to present it in a legal fashion. The TriPoint/Mazdaspeed bar is adjustable BUT since it attaches to the lower spring buckets with heim links, it does NOT provide resistance in torsion. I'm working on a solution with fixed links that does work in torsion. Problem is I can't seem to locate RH/LH threaded links that don't have spherical inserts. My solution was to bolt on the RB bar and ever since, have been enjoying spinning the car at will.

6. Mister_Mino

Mister_Mino Member

Index the bar and use it like a torsion bar...

I'm going to look at options using a setup similar to this. However I want the bar as long as possible and tracing the lines of the twist beam as close as possible. Maybe mounting it below the actual beam but not mounting on the actual twisting part of the beam??

7. jasyatz

jasyatz Member

That's exactly it. I was looking to adapt a circle track bar from a super modified to do just this. Saner( or one of the guys that makes the blade bars for the S2000) makes a "kit" but it's over $400.

What car is thing from VW? If the rear track is close, may be a simple adaptation.

8. Mister_Mino

Mister_Mino Member

I agree. A plate would be simple enough to hold the rotation of a "torsion bar", just fabricating one up. Mounting somewhere using the lower shock bolt and another attach point and I think it would provide a linear resistance.

jasyatz likes this.
  9. AlanBDahl

AlanBDahl Active Member

IMHO a rear seay bar, or at least the Eibach one, makes the car handle wonky. Even on the street you can feel it and it makes the car loose its balance . I wouldn't bother unless someone feels like buying mine :).

10. Mister_Mino

Mister_Mino Member

You have a pic of it?

11. Mightymango

Mightymango Active Member

And see I don't feel that on my car, my car feels very neutral with the rear bar. I really need to try it on concrete to see how it behaves then.

Mino : I can take a picture of mine tomorrow if you would like (it is already too dark and the flash on my phone is garbage)

Mister_Mino likes this.
  12. Mister_Mino

Mister_Mino Member

Well, it seems that Eibach has two different designs and curious which Alan has. I might be interested in purchasing it, lol..

13. AlanBDahl

AlanBDahl Active Member

The one I have is this one. What does the other one look like?

[​IMG]

14. Mister_Mino

Mister_Mino Member

That's the one I'm looking for. Interested in selling it?

15. AlanBDahl

AlanBDahl Active Member

Yes, I don't think I'm going to using it. PM me and let's talk.