Rear wiper wont stop.

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Maintenance' started by Mayhem, Feb 21, 2014.

1. Mayhem

Mayhem Active Member

So, this morning I came out to my car and the inside light was stuck on.. I couldn't shut it off, had to turn on/off the car multiple times to finally get the light off... Then I noticed all day long driving around... That the rear wiper is coming on every few seconds.. And I can't get it to stop.

Anyone experienced the wiper issue?
    Am I completely missing something? Am I correct in thinking it was only supposed to come on automatically when reversing, and was not manually controlled whatsoever?

Any idea's as to what could cause this? Or do I really have to go into the shop over a wiper malfunction.

Going to feel pretty dumb if there's a button for that back one that I am not aware of and I just have it set to on or something ridiculous. But I can't for the life of me find anything that controls it.

For the record, I did not dive backwards all day.
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. Sil3nt611

Sil3nt611 Active Member

I checked the manual online to see if I could figure it out. It's vague at best, but from what I can understand, the rear wiper can be manually controlled but pulling the stalk towards you. So try pushing the stalk away from you to see if it stops.

Choccy74 likes this.
  4. Mayhem

Mayhem Active Member

Thanks, I'll give it a go... I was pretty sure I tried pushing it every direction I could think of... If that is the fix I am going to feel like a moron.
  5. ST-in-Mich

ST-in-Mich Member

I had this problem too when i first got mine, the right stalk just push it back towards the dashboard. I felt very silly when i realized it.
  6. Sil3nt611

Sil3nt611 Active Member

Maybe you pushed it back, but frantic to get it to stop so much you ended up pulling it back toward you before you could realize that was the solution in the first place. :p
  7. Mayhem

Mayhem Active Member

Yeah.... so that was it... :bag:
    Choccy74 and Sil3nt611 like this.
  8. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

LOL not the first and I bet not the last time this might happen :)
  9. stuntdoogie

stuntdoogie Active Member

I was the same way when I first bought mine lol

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    LuvfiestaST likes this.
  10. dmondi12

dmondi12 Active Member

Has anybody noticed that the rear wiper comes on if you put it in reverse while your front wipers are on? Pretty sweet feature IMO, idk if a lot of other new cars have that feature or not.
  11. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Yup freaked a few folks out. Our 2009 Honda Fit Does this too ..
  12. jimclark

jimclark Active Member

And not only that, but when I put the car in reverse, the white back-up lights come on automatically. Oh, wait . . . .o_O
    Firesail and Sil3nt611 like this.
  13. CarefreeAZ

CarefreeAZ Active Member

And I had forgotten that putting the front wipers on high will keep the rear wiper sweeping all the time...