Red Brake Calipers

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Sales and Service' started by mark289, Nov 5, 2015.

1. mark289

mark289 New Member

My 16 FiST came with the ebony wheel option but had unpainted calipers. The dealer agreed in writing to paint them but now is saying it isn't possible. Anyone else running into this situation? The Ford Fiesta ST brochure clearly states "17" premium Ebony Black-painted aluminum wheels with red-painted brake calipers."

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. Firesail

Firesail Active Member

That's Rado Grey, not Ebony.

4. vixenlotus

vixenlotus Member

There are bigger things to be concerned about. They the red turns brown anyway after the first track day from heat. Just get out and drive! Red calipers are silly.

5. Sil3nt611

Sil3nt611 Active Member

For 2016 the Ebony black wheels are optional and the Rado Grey wheels are standard and they did away with the silver wheels. The optional Ebony wheels are supposed to have red calipers but they are all shipping unpainted while the Rado grey wheels still get the red calipers.

I got my '16 with the standard Rado grey and I was hoping they'd come unpainted to be honest, but with almost 3k miles the only time I remember they are red is when I see threads like this. I honestly think it's too much hassle to deal with trying to get them to fix it. Paint or powercoat them yourself if they really have to be red.

6. Steve@Tasca

Steve@Tasca Fiesta ST Network Sponsor

On the '16 the painted calipers were optional. You could paint them on your own, quite easy to do but it doesn't hold up like factory paint.

-Steve

7. OutaFocus

OutaFocus New Member

I just took delivery last night of the 2016 ST I ordered in September. It has the red calipers with the Ebony wheels.

8. jennytalia

jennytalia New Member

I took delivery of my 2016 ST with Ebony wheels, but it did NOT have the red calipers. After much prodding, the dealer has came back to say that they don't ship with the red calipers if you have ALL SEASON tires. Sounds odd to me. Can any of you confirm/deny this?