Reducing Weight For Track Days

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Road Racing' started by McRib 1s Back, Mar 24, 2014.

1. was-an-M

was-an-M Member

I'd be curious the market fort he Recaros.

And also, would love to see what you do with a cage. Are you planning to just do a half cage? I assume so since you said you aren't gutting the doors which would mean no door bars thus a half cage. Are you going to have seat brackets fabb'd or perhaps order the R2 parts from O'neil Motorsports?

I don't think a cage is in my super near future, but maybe some day so I'd love to see what you have planned.

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. McRib 1s Back

McRib 1s Back Well-Known Member

A good friend told me not to do the cage in sections, so I plan to honor that advice. That means waiting until I figure out the plan. Anyhow, I think he has a good fabricator in mind (that does all of his awesome race cars). I don't think the seat fab/rails issue is a big deal if I'm going to have a fabricator turn out the rest of the interior -- I'll let you know either way! :)

4. was-an-M

was-an-M Member

I don't think a half cage is a bad option. It's not like a harness bar; it still offers roll over protection. A full cage is better but I think if you still want limited street use (to/from track) the half cage is a good option. Obviously a full cage is better tho.