Removing and replacing the windshield washer reservoir

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Maintenance' started by hyatt, Feb 9, 2015.

1. hyatt

hyatt Active Member

Hey gang, my washer reservoir had an unfortunate accident and my dealer is quoting me almost $300 in parts and labor to replace it. How involved is this to attempt myself (I'm a reasonably competent home mechanic)? Does the bumper need to come off? Any information would be helpful. I know the part is the same for all hatchback Fiestas from 2011, and runs about $60.

Thanks

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. Zormecteon

Zormecteon Active Member

Had to have it done myself..... at about that cost.

4. ryst

ryst Active Member

If it requires taking the bumper off, the best write up I've seen is here http://www.fiestast.org/forum/fiest...-intercooler-installed-rallysport-direct.html obviously extra instructions here Because they replace the intercooler.

But my guess is that it's accessible through inside the wheel well. I would take the wheel off and see how easy it is to peel back the wheel well liner and get to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. hyatt

hyatt Active Member

So I had a poke around and it seems like it will be doable without removing the bumper. In less than 10 minutes I pulled the headlight and had good access with what looks like plenty of room to pull it out from the top. I need to get under the car and see what the attachment is down there.

6. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Removal

1. 1) Remove LH fender splash shield.
      Refer to: Fender Splash Shield (501-02 Front End Body Panels, Removal and Installation).
    SER~us~en~file=E116215_EUR_400_JPG~gen~ref.jpg

1. 2) Remove LH headlamp.
      Refer to: Headlamp Assembly (417-01 Exterior Lighting, Removal and Installation).
    1. 3) NOTICE: Make sure the open end of the hose is secured above the fluid level in the reservoir.
    SER~us~en~file=E116216_EUR_580_JPG~gen~ref.jpg
    Installation

1. 4) NOTE: Transfer parts as necessary.

To install, reverse the removal procedure.

Hope this helps from the manual

7. hyatt

hyatt Active Member

Thanks! When it refers to splash shield, I'm assuming it's talking about some kind of under tray found on the normal Fiestas rather than a wheel well liner, etc.

8. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

SER~us~en~file=E108081_EUR_580_JPG~gen~ref.jpg
    It is the black plastic fender liner i do believe. The above pic is where the manual link took me too for a splash shield

Most times I just pop out the front screws and hold downs and move it out of the way to gain access.

9. mrtn

mrtn Active Member

Sorry to go slightly off topic but why isn't it covered under warranty?

10. Zormecteon

Zormecteon Active Member

I jumped a parking bumper and smashed it. My bad all the way.

11. hyatt

hyatt Active Member

Yeah I bumped it on a curb when trying to turn around using a driveway on my street. I doubt its covered.

12. Golfguy11800

Golfguy11800 Member

Good to know when I install brake duct coolers through the fogs :) thanks!

13. Steve@Tasca

Steve@Tasca Fiesta ST Network Sponsor

14. hyatt

hyatt Active Member

Thanks Steve! Just saw this, will order on Friday.

Steve@Tasca likes this.