Reversing camera?

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Interior Upgrades' started by MGORDON, Aug 20, 2013.

1. TRFordRT

TRFordRT New Member

Yes the lockpick looks good. I am still waiting for an answer from ford. Will advise...

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. marc89gti

marc89gti Active Member

I did some research online about the Lockpick product from http://www.coastaletech.com/mytouch2.htm and their BBB rating is C- as I think about 10 people had complaints about them that were unresolved and they must sell some of their products on Amazon.com and the reviews from people were very mixed. Sounds like at first some of the people everything was fine but then after a while the unit would start glitching out.

Very much hoping there is a way to get the factory camera to work. Would rather spend my money on the Mountune MP215 tune kit.

4. TRFordRT

TRFordRT New Member

Me too. However, if OEM is not an option, I plan on asking my expert here at the dealer what he thinks of the lockpick option before I go and make the purchase. I will post his answer as soon as he gets back to me. I expect Monday or Tuesday next week. Cheers....Gary

5. jimclark

jimclark Active Member

I'm late to the party, I know, but it seems this thread has kinda died. Does that mean that all the options proved prohibitive for one reason or another? I'm not despondent about the lack of a back-up cam, but if it were easily doable without breaking the bank and making the rear end look Rube-Golbergish, I'd consider it.

6. TRFordRT

TRFordRT New Member

Sorry folks, I heard back from ford and it is not doable with factory parts.

7. marc89gti

marc89gti Active Member

It is do able with the Coastal Electrical Lock pick kit at about $350. I'm just a bit gun shy because their online review isn't the greatest and they won't help out with aftermarket camera. I'm pretty sure you could get the Ford camera to work with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. marc89gti

marc89gti Active Member

Forgot to add would have to run a cable from the trunk to the nav screen for the camera.

9. TRFordRT

TRFordRT New Member

I think the cameras are available after market for less than a Ford part. I will do some research and post what I find.

10. marc89gti

marc89gti Active Member

I found some on Aliexpress for $10-$20. Think the Ford camera is about $125

11. TRFordRT

TRFordRT New Member

I'll check it out thanks

12. marc89gti

marc89gti Active Member

Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
  13. tnt911

tnt911 New Member

For what it is worth, I have a Lockpick in my Chevy pickup truck. I have had it for almost 2 years now, and have had no problems. It does what it says it will do: automatically switches the Nav screen to the camera when in reverse, allows you to integrate an IPOD into the sound system, allows you to input navigation destinations while in motion, etc. On the Chevy, you control the Lockpick with the stereo buttons on the steering wheel, I don't know how the Fiesta version is controlled though. You can connect any standard camera to it, there is a 12 volt power output for the camera and a standard video input connector. You do need to run a long set of wires to the camera from the dash, but many of the cameras you can buy come with those cables.

14. marc89gti

marc89gti Active Member

On the Fiesta the voice button activates the camera if you hold it down for 5 seconds. From what the guy from Coastal told me the factory camera with the factory wiring harness will not work on the FiST and the Lockpick. I think this is because on the FiST the wiring harness from the trunk back to the nav area contains no wires for a backup camera. Which is why to make this work one will have to run a cable from the back up camera to the nav area for integration in the Lockpick.

15. Craig Lesters

Craig Lesters New Member

when i was looking for backup camera option i went with the best after all research i have done, the best turned out to be navtool, contact them at www.navtool.com

16. PeteBrace

PeteBrace New Member

The Fiesta ST3 in the UK now has this on the options list.

17. Kilowhisky

Kilowhisky New Member

Did you end up going with one of these? I've been thinking about getting one.

18. marc89gti

marc89gti Active Member

No, I spent my money on Mountune MP215. Maybe next year probably would go with the Coastaletech mytouch lockpick 2 and buy a backup camera from Aliexpress that goes into the stock light bulb area above the license plate. $350 for lockpick kit plus about $20 for camera.

timboslice likes this.
  19. moff3tt

moff3tt Active Member

That's weird because when I looked up part numbers the harness for a titanium and an st were the same for the wiring harness from the hatch to the console.

20. Karl Kutchi

Karl Kutchi New Member

They nav/mft units are different, with different software (and possibly hardware)

21. HollywoodF1

HollywoodF1 New Member

At the end of the video, it says, "For all MyFordTouch and MyLincolnTouch systems."