Rocket Fuel

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Engine Upgrades' started by Methane Herder, May 25, 2014.

1. Has anyone running modified tuning run into knocking/reduced timing due to octane? If so has adding additional toluene to your fuel been effective?

I have used it in the past to good effect but it seems to have fallen out of favor. Is there a new, better octane booster/knock suppressor out there for forced induction engines now? I am getting a little ahead of myself as it will be a while before I pick up an A.P. for the ST but there may be other folks out there that might benefit from current info.
    TIA.
    MH

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. mossdahaus

mossdahaus Member

Or run itv22 plugs (colder), run better/higher octane fuel or a less aggressive tune...

Methane Herder likes this.
  4. I put colder ND Ir plugs in my MS Protégé. They helped out some but with the Corksport piggyback ECU I needed about a gallon of toluene to a full tank of 93 octane to run it's most aggressive tune. That would allow me to knock eight tenths off my 0 - 60 time (6.8 to 6.0).

Hopefully they cross over to a motorcycle as the Protégé plugs did. I can get MC plugs at a pretty good discount.
    Thanks.
    MH

5. mossdahaus

mossdahaus Member

Clearly these are completely different types of tuning, cars, engines, and type of fuel injection. You must change your mind set from what you use to know.