Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

Roof trim to keep an eye on...

12K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  boost rooster 
#1 ·
I had this taken care of by the dealer about a week after I picked the car up... It's held on by glue and clips from what the service tech told me. Once one clip comes undone you basically have to undo the entire piece to fix it.

See less See more
#2 ·
Wondering if Ford does extreme climate testing, I think this could have been avoided with such testing. The contraction of rubber and glue that most likely became brittle with severe cold weather like this. This is the kind of attention to detail Ford and other automakers need to have to prevent these things from happening. Yeah quick fix at the dealership, but also an inconvenience for the customer. Will this occur again? Most likely yes, unless a modification is made to prevent it from happening again. :/

Thanks for the heads up. Luckily in Miami I think the coldest it'll get is 45, and thats a stretch. ;)

#3 ·
I've had this problem with my previous Fiesta SE and now my ST. Its and easy 5 minute fix in warm weather. When the trim begins to lift get some 3M90 (not 3M70) spray adhesive, shake well and spray some in the cap. Using a Q-tip or really small paint brush put a few dabs under the trim let it tack, then press the trim down. Tape it or weight it down with something until it dries. The trim won't come back up. Its a $5 dollar fix. I don't want to sit around at the dealer 1/2 day or more to get those guys to fix that, besides I like tinkering with my car. ;)

#6 ·
I had this happen to mine. The dealer ordered a new strip of molding and the next day they installed it in less than 15 mins. It may have helped that Meagan (the ford rep on here) started some type service order on my behalf from ford hq. The manager seemed to be on his toes and at one point stated, "you are guy that called ford, right?" Anyways, it hasn't come back up yet!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.