Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Mikeygti, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Mikeygti

Mikeygti Active Member

Anyone see the movie Rush ? I thought it was well done. Even the wife enjoyed it. And of course,it does have Olivia Wilde in it ;-)
    I would rate it a solid 8/10.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. I agree! It was very well done and amazingly my girlfriend actually really liked it too! I think it was because of the fact that they really made it about more than just the racing!
  4. mamiata1

mamiata1 Active Member

Oh, that's the Ron Howard movie about F1 racing? I heard they took some liberties with the facts and there was a lot of CG added but I'd still like to see it. Is it already available through Netflix?
  5. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Suppose to be a great love story of sorts :) good movie too ;)
  6. RKTFiST

RKTFiST New Member

It does have a few deviations from the actual timeline of events, but it is still a very compelling movie. I went to see it with a couple of friends with no interest in cars and we were all pretty happy with the experience.
  7. Smokin

Smokin Active Member

The only CG was the stands and crowds. It was all shot at one racetrack in GB with original F1 cars and driven by current owners.
    All car footage was in-car/on-car. If you read the interviews with Ron Howard and the screenwriter you'll see they were forthright about what was a compromise and how true to the events they were. Niki was happy with it...
    Just hope I never have to have a vacuum cleaner stuck down my lungs......
    Firesail and Mikeygti like this.
  8. Firesail

Firesail Active Member

Bought the Blueray yesterday and watched it last night. WOW! Well done. Great on big screen w/surround.
    Smokin and Mikeygti like this.
  9. Slowclimb

Slowclimb Active Member

You should check out the movie 1 too, goes into the fight for Drivers Safety from the late 60's through Sena's death. I saw it on "Fios On Demand" totally worth checking out.
    Firesail likes this.
  10. Firesail

Firesail Active Member

I will when I get a chance. Thanks for the heads up.
  11. eRic

eRic Active Member

I saw the sneak preview of Rush and it was good. Senna movie was excellent. Snake and Mongoose was ok. Need for Speed was entertaining.