S550 Mustang 6-speed Shift Knob Installed

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Interior Upgrades' started by CarefreeAZ, Feb 5, 2015.

1. CarefreeAZ

CarefreeAZ Active Member

[​IMG]

Ball (any) shifting is the best: the feel, the look, the reduced shift times--I could go on and on. Installed this yesterday. Everything they say about balls is true! Still working on the final touches.

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. Steve@Tasca

Steve@Tasca Fiesta ST Network Sponsor

Nice looking shift knob, may have to sell myself one for my SVT.

4. CarefreeAZ

CarefreeAZ Active Member

Steve
    It is a nice piece. Some go on smoother than others but the feel is great. I did fashion a small sleeve out of adhesive-backed Velcro (loop side) to fill the space gap between the bottom of the knob and the top of the lock-out. Any more than six complete turns when mounting the ball caused the lock-out to hang-up.

5. Steve@Tasca

6. Steve@Tasca

Mind if I borrow your photo? :)

-Steve

CarefreeAZ likes this.
  7. Dyn085

Dyn085 Active Member

That looks ridiculously good. How does it work/fit with the reverse lockout? Any side shots?

8. Cligedy

Cligedy Active Member

Does that have a short shifter installed? It looks really low.

9. CarefreeAZ

CarefreeAZ Active Member

All yours Steve.

10. CarefreeAZ

CarefreeAZ Active Member

I tried several knobs and one went on easier than another. The knob is positioned with six complete revolutions. A seventh hung up the reverse lockout. I fashioned a velcro strip to cover the gap between the knob and lockout.

11. CarefreeAZ

CarefreeAZ Active Member

I do have the Mountune billet quick shift piece installed under the hood that nicely reduces the throw.

12. CarefreeAZ

CarefreeAZ Active Member

This is what the positioning looks like at six complete turns. Note notch and gap directly beneath knob. That has since been covered by a small adhesive-backed Velcro (loop side) "sleeve" that allows the lockout to function smoothly.

[​IMG]

13. CarefreeAZ

CarefreeAZ Active Member

Side shot:
    [​IMG]