Scangauge Boost gauge

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST EcoBoost™ Tuning' started by WScottCross, Dec 24, 2013.

1. djdennehy

djdennehy Active Member

OBD 2 WiFi sensor from Amazon, $25
    Dash Command App from AppStore, $10
    Being able to monitor all vitals of car, data log, and dyno figures... priceless

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. Fiat slayer

Fiat slayer Member

So I have and iPhone 5s and with the sensor and dash command I'll be able to monitor my cars vitals through my phone?

4. djdennehy

djdennehy Active Member

Yes. I use my 4s without issue, best part is that the dyno/performance meter is seriously accurate for being a cheap app. You can see any codes that come up, the display will show boost, MPH, temps, I mean...everything. Best cheap 'mod' (not even) I have done to the car.

5. Fiat slayer

Fiat slayer Member

Witch OBD2 sensor did you get off amazon?

6. djdennehy

djdennehy Active Member

7. Fiat slayer

Fiat slayer Member

I bought it for only $7.56, now I just need to get the dash command app for my iPhone

8. djdennehy

djdennehy Active Member

When you get the OBD 2 device, the instructions to install it are on Amazon (another customer who is tech savvy wrote out instructions), follow them to get the device to talk to your phone, download the Dash Command App and it will all jive. I nearly purchased the Innovative OBD 2 wire that plugs into the iPhone for like, $200 bucks and this works just as well for a fraction of the price.

9. jimlau

jimlau Member

I had a wifi ELM327 and DashCommand, but all I got for boost was a BOOST CALC value, that looked reasonable, but read the same on my ST as an SES, so I figure that couldn't be right. This was before the DashCommand update that added 2014 Fords to its database. Did you need to buy that to get accurate boost, or did I miss something? Thanks!

10. djdennehy

djdennehy Active Member

I just began using the app a couple of months ago so I didn't even know an update had been made...

11. aar0n

aar0n Member

Ive used an EL327 with bluetooth and an old android phone. Only problem is I plugged it into USB to charge and it ran my battery down overnight and I am not sure how to remedy this :(.

12. reddog99

reddog99 Active Member

Ran down the battery of which one? The EL327, the phone, or the car?