SCCA Autocross results thread

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Autocross' started by CrookedRacer, Mar 29, 2014.

1. toptier

toptier New Member

1)1st in HS, 3rd overall in PAX

2) HS, basically stock.

3) First event of Rocky Mountain Division summer series. Drove OK. Doesn't usually happen, but for the life of me I couldn't remember the course 100%. Got lost in a couple of places every run. My telemetry comparison for 3 runs shows that my theoretical time should have been .51 of a sec faster.

4) No competition in HS locally yet. Just going for PAX results.

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. Cligedy

Cligedy Active Member

You guys are killing me. I've been traveling for work and have already missed at least 4 local events. I'm jonesin to get back to it.
  4. JLWSN

JLWSN Member

Clark, you gonna run at the Match Tour in Moultrie, GA?
  5. Cligedy

Cligedy Active Member

TBD. I had planned on going earlier, but this new job is really taking a toll on my spare time. I haven't done anything since Dixie, and I was pretty disappointed with how I drove there. No practice probably means I'll do even worse.
  6. eRic

eRic Active Member

1) April 19, 2015 Detroit Council of Sports Car Clubs [DCSCC] champ event hosted by Michigan Sports Car Club.
    1st in H Street

2) H Street on OE wheels and tires with 42 psi front, 39 psi rear. Green Filter air filter. FSWERKS sport exhaust system. my mountune gear knob rocks.
    3) Did my runs back to back.Three in Sport mode and the last with ESC OFF.This was not a SCCA event so there's no run/work order.
    At some point I will edit/trim my videos. In the meantime skip to 7:15 when I actually move to the starting line for the first of four runs.

4) Hagaman was my driving instructor at our last SCCA PDX at Waterford Hills.

5) Performance Blue aka "Spirit Blue"
  7. Couldahadav8

Couldahadav8 Active Member

1) a link to the results posted elsewhere on the inter webs

2) your class and your setup (brief- we don't need to know your shift knob rocks)

17x7 OZ's with 205/45/17 RE-71r's in the front and 215/45/17 Rivals (old) in the back.
    Konis all around 1/8 from full stiff in back and 1/4 from full soft in front
    K&N Filter

The car was very loose in the morning. The Rivals needed a little heat to catch up a bit to the RE-71r's. I was not running enough air in the RE-71r's. Those are some crazy tires, btw. I need to go to them all the way around though there was some evidence from one of the competitors that the new Rival S's might be faster, so that is the alternative consideration.

3) how you drove... Did you leave the a/c running? ( that's my personal go-to excuse )
    I drove about average for me. The course was fun and open. I ran out of gear, which cost me some time. Fast, relatively open course that favored good-handling, powerful cars. My relative performance (using the GS pax) to first was about the same as last year on a similar course at the same location. A top driver would have found another .75 to 1 second in my car.

4) notes on your competition (nationals driver in a sorted celica, or a novice with three passengers)
    Mostly local hotshoes ahead and behind of me in the top 10. These are the guys that usually go to nationals, and the mod cars have trophies and jackets.

5) color of your Fiesta ST ( or whatever else you wish to add )
  8. Smokin

Smokin Active Member

This weekend at Heartland Park Topeka.

(The long term existence of HPT is still up in the air as the Topeka City Council are still mulling their options. We had permission from the city as the old management has closed up shop. Kansas Region members spoke up at a meeting but I don't think any nationall SCCA staff were there. I don't know why they are strangely silent when our National Office is less than a mile away......)

The weather was mucho lesso than idealo......
    Satuday intermittent rain and damp track in Heat 1.
    My heat 2 went from overcast lows 50's temp with a damp course in run #1 to 62 deg and sunshine on run 5 which I lopped off a full second.

Day 2 was cold, 49 deg, windy, overcast and just plain ugly.

Anytime I can be within 3 seconds of Ron Williams I can be happy.

I was on Falken Azenis from last years Nationals with runs 55-65 on them this weekend. Cold grip was non-existent. My new tires can't get here fast enough!

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
    jimclark likes this.
  9. xorpheous

xorpheous Member

Saturday's battle was fantastic, @Smokin. I wish I could have been there for Sunday as well.
    jimclark and Smokin like this.
  10. Smokin

Smokin Active Member

Yeah, great battle Saturday.

It was cold and uninspiring Sunday. I was sloppy. Needed you for motivation!

They have a deal on Falkens. I think I'm going that way with 17" while I'm waiting on 16" Rivals.
    Discount Tire has $40 off and free shipping. These have been every bit as competitive as the Dunlops and Hankooks...
  11. eRic

eRic Active Member

1) April 26, 2015 Detroit SCCA Season Opener Solo held at Michigan International Speedway.
    2nd in H Street

2) H Street - OE wheels and tires with 42 psi front, 39 psi rear. Green Filter air filter. FSWERKS sport exhaust system. My mountune gear knob rocks.

3) did all my runs with ESC OFF and took a passenger on my first run. Here are my videos.

Here is an image of the course.

4) 1st and 3rd place drove a Fiesta ST with 215/45-17 Bridgestone RE-71R tires.

5) Performance Blue aka "Spirit Blue"
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
    KKaWing likes this.
  12. Mightymango

Mightymango Active Member

Well we had our first official region events this last weekend. I will say I did ok as I think I was off pace but in comparison to the local competition I think I did ok. Each day I had another FiST driver out pace me. Dwight has shown that he is a very patient and consistent driver in a FiST and has also shown that the Stones are faster. I think his years of driving slower cars has REALLY paid dividends for driving well and he is showing it on course, he only drove the FiST on Saturday. Mac which I believe just Z2SS on sparcos outpaced me on Sunday , hitting the times that I said should be possible low 49s and he drove well. I had issues with two elements on Sunday and just could not stop overdriving the car. Overall though I think I did fairly well against a field full of former national champions and a flock of STS Civics. Statistically these are my 2nd and 3rd best pax finishes ever in our club so I can't complain.

Finished 11th overall in PAX and 7th in PRO

Finished 14th overall in PAX and 11th in PRO.

Forgot my gopro so I don't have video of my runs. Probably the last events at the venue we used as the surface is getting to be really poor. We actually had to move the finish on Saturday because there were two holes 2x3 feet in size that had formed.

I'm going to continue to work on focusing on RAW time and left foot braking as when I was able to trail brake more effectively I would not upset the car as much. The Hawk Street Race pads that are destroying my rotors are way too aggressive and what I thought I was able to modulate is actually causing me to upset the balance of the car. Still no word on HP-S pads OR factory pads being in yet so I will probably be stuck with the Street race at Spring nats.
  13. MacDubois

MacDubois New Member

1) a link to the results posted elsewhere on the inter webs - Same as posted above. Day 1: 2nd in HS, 19th in PAX. Day 2: 1st in HS, 9th in PAX
    2) your class and your setup - Sparcos and 225/45/16 Z2*s - otherwise stock down to the alignment. Pretty sure that it's time to get those fancy shocks. And maybe a bar.
    3) how you drove... Did you leave the a/c running? - Over drove everywhere on Saturday, I'm gonna blame mold release on the new tires. Yup, that was the problem. Sunday I drove pretty well, I still probably left more than a few 10ths on the course though. I think a high 48 would have been possible on my setup
    4) notes on your competition - Dwight was solid on Day 1, he was in a different car on day 2. I paxed with some national level drivers, but I think the course really favored soft setups and street tires (bumpy and abrasive)
    5) color of your Fiesta ST - Black with red sparcos, because cheaper.
    Mightymango likes this.
  14. TRev

TRev Member

I am planning to bring along my lightly used Porterfield R4-S and my stock pads with a few hundred miles on them. I only want one set for backup and would be open to selling/loaning a set if it helps.
  15. Mightymango

What did you switch to? I thought you were running the Poterfields.
  16. TRev

TRev Member

I have been running the Porterfields and I like them better than the stock or Hawk street race. They dust less than stock (my front rims actually had less than my rear rims with stock pads) and the progression is good more linear. It takes a little more pedal than I like to get them to really bite but that has probably helped me during the LFB transition. My biggest concern is the chimney's of smoke I have coming from them after my runs. I am VERY hard on brakes though. I am the only person I know of to get the Hawk HPS smoking like that on the Focus regularly with a single driver. Unless the stock ones are smoking, I don't think anyone would have problems with the R4-S as they should have a higher temp range.

By Spring Nationals, I should have "a surprise to try out" from a well known brake manufacturer. That is the only info I can provide right now.
  17. Mightymango

Good, I hope your surprise is a brake pad I can switch to in the future....these cars need more Front brake options!
  18. TRev

TRev Member

1) a link to the results posted elsewhere on the inter webs -
    2) your class and your setup - Konis, Corksport front bar, Burns Muffler, Porterfield R4-S pads, OEM rims with 215/45R17 RE71R's
    3) how you drove... I ran 5 of the 8 allowed runs as I wanted to save the tires and the brake pads were also starting to smoke. The bar definitely helped in the transitions and to get rid of some of the push on corner exit. A bit more wheel spin but the trade off was definitely worth it.
    4) notes on your competition - Most of them were not fully prepped so index times aren't worth a lot but I did manage to FTD by almost 1 second so I feel the time was pretty good. The DP BMW M3 had Federals on and he is a good driver though the car is new to him and is a work in progress.
  19. Mightymango

Totally agree on the front bar after our test and tune yesterday.

We had a low turn out as well, the weather ended up being GREAT.
  20. Des

Des Active Member

My best day of autox in years.
    -- First in Northwest Region Open Pax:
    -- Konis, Corksport bar, 215/45/17 RE71Rs.
    -- We were first run group, temps about 45.
    -- 8th of 147 overall -- other folks ran later heats, but were ahead of NWR hotshots like Ron Bauer, Glen Hernandez, BIll Zerr. My co-driver actually popped off a run 7/10ths faster in fun runs. Which is *great* because I'll be selling him the car at the end of the summer.

And for the afternoon, I ran this:
    It's the Ecoboost with the performance package and Recaros; no prep yet except 275/35/19 Bridgestones. We had a blast.

Bill Zerr has been tearing up Pax lately with a borrowed, fully prepared F Street E92 M3. He drove his STF Focus in Pax in the morning, where I beat him, but in the afternoon he drove the M3. His best time (which would have led overall Pax for the day by quite a margin) was 47.955. My best in the new car -- 300 miles on it, four runs -- was 48.195.

I'll go blather at length on the Mustang forums, if I can find autoxers rather than drag racers to yak with, but it's an especially sweet-natured car -- i hit a few cones because it's a bit fatter than the Fiesta, but the power is linear and instant and never too much.
  21. Couldahadav8

Couldahadav8 Active Member

Des. 2 things. 1. Do you need high offset wheels to run the 215 stones? 2. So, you think the ecoboost would be as good as the gt in fs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk