SCCA Autocross setup thread

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Autocross' started by AlanBDahl, Oct 21, 2013.

1. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Good Stuff looking forawrd to your run in Va. Beach I know the guy with a STX BRZ if thats William or Bill. Cook I think.

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. Eric Bertrand

Eric Bertrand New Member

Anyone got any thoughts on throwing some 5 mm spacers on, since my wheels are 42mm offset. (so I can change track)

4. WScottCross

WScottCross Well-Known Member

That's legal for GS as long as you end within 1/4" of stock offset with the spacers.

5. WScottCross

Nice! Will be cool to have the MO and RR next to each other. What wheels did you end up with?

6. WScottCross

That just became harder for you now that I loaded the Cobb Stage1 93 map! i'm gonna get in trouble with this one!

7. k757

k757 Active Member

only if you can keep grip and keep it between the cones :)

8. limbo

limbo Active Member

It would be illegal. 42 mm +5 mm spacers is 37mm. 10.5mm (.4 in) from stock.

Eric Bertrand likes this.
  9. EBinVA

EBinVA Member

What class are you in? If you're trying to run GS then I'm pretty sure spacers aren't allowed (and if they are I think because it will change the final offsest of the wheel to be greater than the +-5mm allowance and thus be illegal anyway), but someone correct me if I'm wrong.
    I almost bought a MO instead of the red but it didn't have Recaros and after sitting in them I knew I had to have them haha... awesome color though :D

I ended up with 16" Sparcos and 225/45 Direzzas... I was kinda flopping back and forth between them or going 17" with 215s but I think bang for buck the 16s are where it's at.

10. Slowclimb

Slowclimb Active Member

Spacers are legal...as long as you stay within 5 mm of the stock offset...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

11. limbo

limbo Active Member

Stock is 47.5mm

12. Eric Bertrand

Eric Bertrand New Member

well then never mind, I thought spacers would send the offset in the other direction. Having owned an ST Civic for the last 3 years, and having used the stock offset on my Sentra when I autocrossed that, I have never had to mess with offset.

13. AlanBDahl

AlanBDahl Active Member

The allowance is actually 1/4" or +/- 6.35mm.

14. Slowclimb

Slowclimb Active Member

Bad conversion from Imperial to Metric....

15. Nik17

Nik17 Member

Assuming Des squeezed some 215/45/R17 Z2s on his stock wheels, there's no reason why 215/45R17 Rivals shouldn't fit, right?

16. Cligedy

Cligedy Active Member

I wouldn't assume that. 225 Rivals are wider than 225 Z2s. These are 16s, but mounted they are noticeably wider, maybe 1/4".[​IMG]

17. Nik17

Nik17 Member

According to tire rack, those two you posted do have different section widths, which is odd.

However in the 215/45/r17 they have the same. Maybe I'll be the guinea pig..

18. Cligedy

Cligedy Active Member

Please do, I was the guinea pig for the 16" Rivals. Somebody's got to go first :D

19. Nik17

Nik17 Member

Every single spec (on the rivals) is the same as the Z2 for the 215/45.

And, on the BFG website it actually lists the diameter as 0.1" smaller than the Z2. Let's hope they got their measurements right

20. Nik17

Nik17 Member

I did go ahead and pull the trigger on the Rivals. They should be coming early next week, but I'm not sure when I'll be getting them fitted as the snow isn't supposed to stop anytime soon

21. Slowclimb

Slowclimb Active Member

Looking forward to hearing how the rivals fit, I think I am looking to go with the 215 rival as long as it does.

I am thinking it should if it is a width thing...maybe not if it is a diameter issue.

the 225 50 16 Rival that rubbed is at least .5 inches wider and .2 taller

the 225 45 16 Dunlop that fit is also ~ .5 inches wider...but is ~ .5 shorter...

Last edited: Mar 14, 2014