SCCA Autocross setup thread

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Autocross' started by AlanBDahl, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Slowclimb

Slowclimb Active Member

Those were similar pressures to what I was running...I ran my fastest time with 38 F 48 R...but I think my fastest run would have been on 36 F 45 R...but I coned and missed a braking point into a slalom

Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. Mightymango

Mightymango Active Member

I saw your time on our local site as Preston is one of our top drivers. Nice to see a Fiesta in the top of the field on PAX.

4. spangenb

spangenb Active Member

Well done! Gotta love that Neon though. Those things were always a PAX killer. I loved mine!

5. Couldahadav8

Couldahadav8 Active Member

Preston is the truth. I watched him on the course and just had to applaud. Thing of beauty and not even his car. He won handily even with the wrong pax. He should have been in stc. Never had a neon but have always liked them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Mightymango

He daily drives an Evo but normally drives a wrx in STX. He is one of those guys that is fast no matter what he is in...one of those natural talent guys.

7. Couldahadav8

Couldahadav8 Active Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Nik17

Nik17 Member

Have you looked at your fender liners? That doesn't look like it would be too kind to them

9. Slowclimb

Slowclimb Active Member

That first shot looks dynamic, looks like the front may rip off the car.

10. Cligedy

Cligedy Active Member

No wonder my Rivals rubbed :eek:

11. jimclark

jimclark Active Member

It also looks like the right front wheel has already come loose and is setting out on its own adventure in the world. And look at how close the left front wheel rim is to the pavement! Yowza.

12. Mightymango

What pressures were you running in the front? That shot shows how much these cars could use a little more camber. Looks like you were rolling on the sidewall.

Smokin likes this.
  13. wash

wash Active Member

+1,

We need to lower the cg and increase roll stiffness but without making it have too much under steer.

14. Smokin

Smokin Active Member

Good reason to run 42# and not 38#. I tried 38# at the T&T and was not happy...

Pop that sucker off the rim and you could be pulling an Esteban Gutierrez..............

15. jimclark

jimclark Active Member

Smokin, did it feel to you as if the tires were rolling over a bit at 38#? I'd really like to know what pressures were in the front tires in the pics above. In the second pic from the top, it looks as if the right front tire is rolling onto the sidewall. [One has to look closely, but I think that might be the case.] I can't tell if those are stock tires or not, but they do appear to be relatively low profile, at least. The wheels are obviously not stock, but look to be about same specs, I think--at least close in diameter.

Mightymango likes this.
  16. Nik17

Nik17 Member

He has the same tires as me, 215/45/17 Rivals but on different wheels.

17. jimclark

jimclark Active Member

@Nik17--Thanks; do you happen to know what the tire pressures were?

18. Mightymango

Your right, I just looked at that picture and the right front is for sure on the sidewall.

19. Cligedy

Cligedy Active Member

I ran 38lbs up front on my Z2s for 2 events and was happy, but my 3rd event was Saturday, and I was rolling over past the tread blocks. Granted, this was with me way overdriving the car on one of the toughest courses I have ever driven. I will be moving back up to 40psi for future events.

20. Nik17

Nik17 Member

I don't. I'm curious as well, as my first event is this weekend and I'd like to avoid that much roll on the sidewall.

I only know he has the Rivals in the same size as he posted about it in here before.

21. jimclark

jimclark Active Member

And I don't EVER wanna be doing a round-off with a twisting double-back flip in my car. Or anywhere else, FTM. I'm getting too old for that . . . .