SCCA Autocross setup thread

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Autocross' started by AlanBDahl, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Nik17

Nik17 Member

Ah. Well I'm definitely interested, and I'm sure lots of other folks are too as there isn't too much info out there about what fits and doesn't right now. Keep us posted!

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. limbo

limbo Active Member

I ordered the Eibach rear bar from TireRack. Hoping it'll get here in time for our test and tune day 3/3 so I can test it out before Dixie.

4. Des

Des Active Member

215/45/17s mounted. No issues in street driving, no rub at full lock (shiny spots are tire dressing the installer put on). I'll chalk the edges at the next event to see if it's contacting those weird burlap fender liners.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cligedy likes this.
  5. RavynX

RavynX Member

That Z2 size looks perfectly fitting for the wheel & fender, nice.

6. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Nice looking tire

7. k757

k757 Active Member

picked up today: 16" Sparco with Dunlop Z2

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Firesail likes this.
  8. Slowclimb

Slowclimb Active Member

Really interested to see how the 205 50s perform...still not convinced putting a wider tire than that on a 7 inch rim will give you anything.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

9. k757

k757 Active Member

It'll be a while to know how they do. I had the Z2 on my WRX and they were a bit greasy until about run 30. It all depends on how quickly I can get these heated up.

I suspect it will be the same as the vast majority are amateurs. There might be a difference when professionals are going head to head

10. Des

Des Active Member

I've run 215s, 225s and 235s on my FR-S' 7-inch rims. Most folks running the car on ZIIs choose a 235; the stiff sidewall helps.

Slowclimb likes this.
  11. Slowclimb

Slowclimb Active Member

Thanks. That is good to know.

12. limbo

limbo Active Member

Agree with Des, Z2 sidewall is very strong. More surface area is always going to be a good thing until the tire gets too pinched.

13. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Loved my DZll on my FRS too . You talk to anyone that ran BFG Rivals ?? tring to get a feel for tham as Dunlop is not making my size i want in a 15..

14. Des

Des Active Member

Very grippy but you do miss the crispness of the ZIIs.

15. Des

Des Active Member

215/45/17 update:
    [​IMG]
    No rubbing anywhere. I chalked the strut and the fender lip. Not as much rotation as I had hoped, with front pressures at 42 and the rears anywhere from 28 to 48.

Looking forward to the rear bar.

Gearing was fine (second now goes to ~61); launch didn't seem affected -- plus the super short first is a bit longer, which helps with kinked starts.

This was BMW club so difficult to gauge relative performance. Overall time was third fastest of 110, about 1.4 seconds behind an STU-prepped M3 driven by a (good) driver I know. Pretty sure that a bit more rotation would have cut the .4 off, maybe more.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
    Nik17, k757 and Cligedy like this.
  16. Slowclimb

Slowclimb Active Member

What are your alignment settings...would toe out in the rear help

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

17. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Thanks looking forward to more info on the rear bar..

18. Des

Des Active Member

No alignment changes yet -- I'll wait to see what the rear bar does and adjust toe if I still can't get the car to spin.

19. Nik17

Nik17 Member

Some good info Des. I have to ask though, what made you pick the 215/45 over the 215/40? I would think the 215/40 would have a stiffer sidewall

20. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

interesting to hear also ..

21. Des

Des Active Member

A little more sidewall helped the ride quite a bit! But actually chose it for the gearing, now ~61 in second. The 215/40 was only a tiny bit taller than the 205.
    As much as I would prefer a 40-series, no one makes a 225, and no one's tested a 235/40 yet. I intend to.

Cligedy likes this.