Seafoam and vaporlock

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Maintenance' started by RDgolfer, Dec 16, 2014.

1. marc89gti

marc89gti Active Member

Better give him a spoon then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dyn085 likes this.
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. Dyn085

Dyn085 Active Member

4. LT Berzerker

LT Berzerker Active Member

So did a quick search...and...

http://airtexmobile.airtexproducts.com/news-what-is-vapor-lock.aspx

Seems like it won't be an issue considering 1. Pressurized fuel system. 2. Mixing with fuel and not generating a tremendous about of heat via boost

most likely will not generate enough heat in a DI system to cause vaporizing of fuel...(guessing there)...

5. totusPorcus

totusPorcus Member

[​IMG]

thread needs more shortbus..

Dyn085 likes this.
  6. RDgolfer

RDgolfer Active Member

This thread also needs an intellectual response to the original posit...looks like the short bus got vapor lock at the ball field...

7. RDgolfer

RDgolfer Active Member

Ok, Seafoam is a petroleum distillate and vaporizes at low temps, which may cause vapor lock in areas that experience low temps....So beware of advice from people that live in the southwest, yet you live in the Northeast in the wintertime, and may think putting Seafoam in your gas tank is a good idea...that is why winter gas is concocted for low temp's...chardonnay is not chardonnay just because it has the same alcohol content...ask any sommelier

8. RDgolfer

RDgolfer Active Member

FiST owners in cold environs may not want to put petroleum distillates into your gas tank as it may cause vapor lock in your engine...aka Seafoam...it increases volatility, which may increase the possibility of vapor lock in cold times...yes cold times

9. Cesso

Cesso Member

Do you ever think before you post or do you just submit every crazy baseless idea that pops into your head? Slow down, ponder it to yourself, don't just spam the forum with post after post after post of speculation. Please.

timboslice, Dyn085 and marc89gti like this.
  10. RDgolfer

RDgolfer Active Member

I was a little drunk at the time...thank you Cesso....and now how do we incorporate your wisdom into our laptops? Everyone, speak your mind, and if you're lucky, some tight ass will respond to your post................aka Cesso

11. RDgolfer

RDgolfer Active Member

Untighten your a-holes people...and let it flow...the dirt nap awaits....omg...yeah, stage 3 is great, power, torque, yup...let's talk

12. Dyn085

Dyn085 Active Member

13. Cesso

Cesso Member

[​IMG]

Firesail and Dyn085 like this.
  14. RDgolfer

RDgolfer Active Member

Lol...nice gif's...set the bait, the rat's will come...btw, retard is not politically correct...and for all you young'uns out there, learn how to gif...it really accentuates intelligence

15. Dyn085

Dyn085 Active Member

I can honestly say that I don't think many (hopefully any) people will take 'intelligence' advice from you.

Cesso, RDgolfer and marc89gti like this.
  16. RDgolfer

RDgolfer Active Member

You no need make advice with word making

17. Dyn085

Dyn085 Active Member

I can formulate a complete sentence, so-correct?

18. RDgolfer

RDgolfer Active Member

Like I this...

19. RDgolfer

RDgolfer Active Member

You no un-idiot...take FoST and shove it with your FiST..

20. RDgolfer

RDgolfer Active Member

Troll...one who comments, yet proposes nothing...bring it stupid

21. RDgolfer

RDgolfer Active Member

And this whole thing is a very sad commentary that this is actually happening on Christmas Eve...I am bowing out

Dyn085 likes this.