Seeking guidance on what to do... Purchase my leased VS leasing a new one

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Sales and Service' started by MikelSS, Nov 13, 2013.

1. MikelSS

MikelSS New Member

Hello everybody,

I'm leasing a 2011 Fiesta SES until February of next year and I need the opinion of some more experienced and neutral people. My prime objective at the end of my conflict is to have an ST!

So, the options I'm contemplating are:

- Option 1: Purchase my 2011 SES (Green; MT; 42,000 mi) for $10,000 per my lease agreement. I think it's a good price and I can maybe sell it for a little more and then use that surplus for the ST (It might be just wishful thinking). I'm also perfectly happy to keep it since I really like it.

- Option 2: Wait until the end of the lease, return it and see what incentives are available at that time.

- Option 3: Get a new ST right now and take advantage of the incentives.

I went to a dealership to ask this same questions and had a really bad experience and plan on never going back to them, so I'm a little hesitant to go to another dealership because I don't trust on getting information that would be on my best interest, according to them, and then turns out to be completely the opposite wrapped around in lies.

If you know of an honest dealership in the San Diego area I would really appreciate it.

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. Option 1 seems a little risky if you can't sell it for over $10,000. Plus the pain of selling etc. But if you can for sure make some money beyond $10,000 then I'd say go for it.

Option 2 seems more likely. The rebate now is $1000 right? I doubt it will go down. Plus, you have another $500 if you return the lease I believe. Also, come January, order a brochure to see if you get secret cash. That may be another $500 off the negotiated price. Some get it, some don't. I did with all my brochures. Doesn't work with orders though. But that's $2000 off right there with the current discount, the lease discount and the secret cash. Not bad.

Oh to add, the Ford dealer in Pacific Beach was the only one in San Diego that would honor the x-price plan for me on a Cobra way back in 2003. Mossy Ford I think? NO other dealers would even budge in the San Diego area at the time. They only had a black coupe so I passed, but I'll give them credit for honoring the x-plan. Their ratings aren't so great though now that I look.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2013
  4. wash

wash Active Member

By the time your lease expires two things will probably have happened:

Fiesta STs may be available for under sticker.

The Fiesta 1.0 EcoBoost will be available.

I have a feeling that a tuned 1.0 might be just as fast as a stock ST but quite a bit cheaper unless you go for Titanium trim.

Any way, its something to consider if handling and economy are higher on your list than raw acceleration.

5. MikelSS

MikelSS New Member

I agree, I think my best option is to wait until February,

I'll try not to give in to the urge of driving an ST before then or it'll be a long wait!

Thank you both for your replies!

Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
  6. When does the 1.0 EcoBoost hit the showrooms? I kept hearing "fall 2013" and here we are almost in winter 2013. I'm not sure I can wait but if it's soon I may be able to hold out. I love the fact that its manual trans only. Also, 45mpg is sick! Any idea if it runs on regular unleaded as well? Hmmm not sure it will ever be as fast as a stock ST though without another cylinder. To achieve anything close those numbers it's going to take way more than a tune. Neat little engine though for sure.

7. wash

wash Active Member

If you stick on a KP39 that someone takes off an ST, it might be possible.

8. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

If the lease was through FMC then any Ford dealer should be able to work with you.
    You could call around to see who will.
    I know that it would be a drive but I have been using Galpin Ford for over 40 years.
    I have always been treated fairly.
    They are also the largest volume Ford dealership in the world.
    At last look they had 21 FiSTs.
    It might be worth an afternoon just to talk.

PM and I will hook you up with a great salesman.

Dave

MikelSS likes this.