Shift knob comparison COBB VS WC LATHE WERKS

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Interior Upgrades' started by ghostwhite, Apr 28, 2014.

1. ghostwhite

ghostwhite Active Member

Stock knob vs cobb knob vs WC lathe werks knob

The cobb knob feels better than stock because of the smooth roundness but makes the throws feel a bit longer than stock because the knob is slightly taller. The weight is lighter than stock and you can feel more of a vibrational connection to the car. The lighter throws makes it slightly more challenging and maybe a little more fun also to row through the gears.

The wc lathe werks (VP elite sphere) is the shortest knob out of the three and weighs the most. In my opinion this knob feels absolutely perfect because of the weight and height. The throws feels quite a bit shorter and more rewarding switching gears. I don't know how you can get a better knob. I also like that it's hand made opposed to mass produced. The only downside to this knob is it took 3 weeks to get in my hands after I ordered. You can pay for faster production or next day production. I didn't pay for anything extra, so expect a wait if you do the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    a dusty taco likes this.
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. a dusty taco

a dusty taco New Member

I'm interested in the WC Lathe Werks knob. Are you happy with the grip (i.e. any slipping)? If you had to buy again would you get it with the grooves?
    His website looks pretty professional for being a one man operation.
  4. ghostwhite

ghostwhite Active Member

There isn't any problem with grip. Feels amazing. I'm not sure if the grooves would add extra grip or if it's just aesthetics but id still get one without just for the cleanest look

5. BlueBomber

BlueBomber Active Member

Don't tell Cobb but I dislike whatever the material used for their knob is. Hate how the texture feels in my hand.

Mechanically, I felt like the Cobb shifter improved the motions of my shifts with my hand but could not get over the texture.
    Also don't like that I cannot get a Cobb knob with the shifter pattern on it. I need my damn shifter pattern on there - not cos I need it, but because others do and it's an aesthetic choice.
  6. ghostwhite

ghostwhite Active Member

That's pretty surprising to me, I really like how the cobb knob feels. Reminds me of silk

7. bobjob

bobjob Active Member

Yea I would like the shift pattern also. But I am pretty happy with stock, but I haven't seen any other shifter in person yet. Maybe at a meetup i can see someone elses.
  8. ghostwhite

ghostwhite Active Member

You can get a shift pattern on any of the wc lathe werks knobs as an option

9. ST-in-Mich

ST-in-Mich Member

Do you order the Focus ST knob or email him about a fiesta one?
  10. a dusty taco

a dusty taco New Member

In the description on the his page for the Focus ST it says the knob also fits 2014+ Fiesta ST's.
  11. ghostwhite

ghostwhite Active Member

Yeah the focus and fiesta st have the same shift knob thread pattern

aar0n likes this.