Smoking Tire Cobb Stage 2 before and after video

Discussion in 'COBB Tuning' started by Slowclimb, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Slowclimb

Slowclimb Active Member

bryramos likes this.
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. Slowclimb

Slowclimb Active Member

Big Torque Gains and HP Gains look good too.
  4. TheTruthHurts78

TheTruthHurts78 New Member

Sweet action! I like the gains and I am excited to see what Stage 3 brings as well. I will probably wait and get 2 & 3 together.....
  5. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

I too am working on getting Stage 3.
    I have all of the Stage 2 and did beta testing on the Stage 2 Map.
    I am very impressed.
    I have had it on a track and the extra HP is a very good improvement.

6. TheTruthHurts78

I live in SoCal about an hour from the Cobb facility. What do you all think the Stage 2 would cost (with install) at Cobb? I guess I could call them and ask, but I haven't seen any pricing listed on the site yet for a Stage 2 package......
  7. wash

wash Active Member

That's a prototype system, not yet available or else I would have one on order.

Once stage 2 comes out, stage 3 is just stage 2 plus a turbo-back exhaust and a new tune. There are already a few good turbo-back exhaust options so you could roll your own stage 3 fairly easily without waiting for Cobb.
  8. TheTruthHurts78

True...I just really like Cobb and having a facility that can install it nearby. I don't mind waiting or paying a bit more I just get impatient.....

I am not as cool as you and others on this site that are tech savy and do the work themselves...(wink).

I need assistance so I don't screw up my FiST....she is my baby.

Thank you for the feedback.....
    COBB likes this.
  9. BlueBomber

BlueBomber Active Member

Hey guys, I work at a shop called ModBargains in La Habra.

We're currently in talks to sponsor the forum as a vendor - anyways we are a full-service installer, regularly install intercoolers, downpipes etc and have recently started carrying Fiesta ST stuff (since I've started working here). We pride ourselves on service and installation, and are not far from Cobb's SoCal location either - because the install bays at Cobb SoCal as I understand it, can get pretty booked.

While at the moment we've got one lift, we're in the process of expanding, have ordered two more Bendpak lifts, an Alignment Rack, are building a small paint booth for bumpers/spoilers/trim and have already had our new AWD Dyno delivered (which should be set up soon).

We're also a proper Cobb distributor and Installer, and have been doing Cobb products for BMW's N54/N55 turbo engines for years now. Unlike most shops, almost the entirety of the shop's 28 people are enthusiasts and are well respected in their respective communities.

If we can comfortably manage pulling the fascias off of $100,000+ cars on a regular basis, you can trust us to take damn good care of your car. :)

and we'll probably blog about it and take photos too.

If Cobb is busy, I encourage you to give us a try and see why our staff are not salespeople, they truly are "Modification Experts".

It's worth noting that I do not do sales myself, I help select what new products to offer, take photos, blog, do social media and web backend stuff.

What's more, you can trust that we'll do any Cobb installs perfectly - I have personally partnered with Cobb (meaning I don't do this for ModBargains, I work directly for Cobb as a freelancer) and produce how-to videos for Cobb demonstrating the install process for Focus ST and Fiesta ST, so you have the guy who Cobb trusts to show you how to install the product overseeing your install, too. :)

Having personally already installed a COBB FMIC into a Focus ST, I have really looked at how our cars go together and what's involved in getting at the intercooler on our car, and thankfully it is a MUCH, MUCH simpler install with much less modification of the car involved.

I look forward to getting the kit and I am excited to show you guys the results of the new RMM once they lift the embargo and allow me to show you.

Nick at ModBargains
    bryramos and k757 like this.
  10. Deanh

Deanh Member

ironically Nick , I was just on yourwebsite....googled 2014 Milltek...and up you came... nice site...
  11. TheTruthHurts78

Thanks Nick, I will definitely give you guys a look when we start seeing some more of these mods released.

It is nice to have enthusiastic and knowledgable members to help point people such as I in the right direction.
  12. David W

David W Member

Hey guys I'm currently using the stage 1 package from cobb and am wondering if I get a fmic from mountune if I can still use the stage 1 map or if I would have to use the stage 2?
  13. WScottCross

WScottCross Well-Known Member

Stage 2 would require both an intake and the FMIC. Adding only the FMIC would leave you still on stage 1.