SoCal folks: anyone down for a GMR CRUISE 2/23/14?

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Meet and Greet' started by BlueBomber, Feb 18, 2014.

1. BlueBomber

BlueBomber Active Member

I'm housesitting in Glendora this weekend and I haven't yet taken the car up GMR.

I'd love to put together a CRUISE - note that word there - cruise - meaning this is not a 10/10ths go-as-fast-you-can run. If you want to do that, go do it with a different group - this is about getting out, enjoying the cars and the scenery and maybe getting to shoot a little lead-follow Fiesta footage with my GoPros (if you have one please bring it along!)
    No street racing will be tolerated. Spirited driving is cool- outright racing isn't (let's save that for the track). :)

Let's meet up around 6:30 in Glendora at Donut Man, depart by 7, then heading up GMR from Glendora side, the cruising back down via east fork and ending at Legends on Rt 66 back in Glendora. going this early will allow us to avoid both the damn bicyclists who have no goddamn business riding up there and the five-oh. Of course, a stop at "The Spot" where Glendora Ridge Rd, East Fork and Glendora Mtn Road Converge is a must for photos.

ROUTE MAP
    http://goo.gl/maps/r28ok

Cheers,
    Nick

Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

Kind of late to get started.
    The bears are out of their caves by then.

Dave

4. BlueBomber

BlueBomber Active Member

What time of day would you suggest? how early do we need to be out to dodge ponch and john?
    I would highly recommend against screwing around IN glendora itself as Glendora PD are dicks - even to other LEOs

Again, this is more of a cruise than anything else - but then again the golden hour for shooting video is early...

5. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

I have always found getting on the road by 8:00 AM best as this also beats the bicycles out.
    Unless you like target practice.

Dave

6. BlueBomber

BlueBomber Active Member

edited to adjust time

7. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

I can see this going to be a busy season.

We have another track day scheduled for 3/8/14.
    However I am sure I can make this.

Dave

8. BlueBomber

BlueBomber Active Member

9. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

Are we still on for this Sunday?

Dave

10. BlueBomber

BlueBomber Active Member

Yep. At the very least Derek will be joining us, I'm not sure who else is coming but oh well a smaller group is easier to manage.

Let's park in the back lot behind donut man so we have more space to gather.

11. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

It doesn't seem like we will need much space.

Dave

12. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

Anyone else going on this run tomorrow?

Dave

13. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

not me sorry

14. CarefreeAZ

CarefreeAZ Active Member

Strawberry!!!!!
    [​IMG]

15. McRib 1s Back

McRib 1s Back Well-Known Member

How did it go? I was roped into running a local 5K foot race instead. Yes, I know it goes faster in the FiST! :)

16. Max Archer

Max Archer Member

Wish I'd seen this sooner, GMR is my "home" road. I might head out there tonight actually.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

BlueBomber likes this.
  17. DirtyBlueshirt

DirtyBlueshirt Active Member

This got posted today:

18. SlowPaul

SlowPaul New Member

I wish I hadn't been so busy. I'd have gone. I grew up in Glendora and have spent a lot of time on that road.

19. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

There is of course no reason why we can't do another run.

Dave

20. McRib 1s Back

McRib 1s Back Well-Known Member

Nice looking run! I'll have to join you guys one day. With all of the track days reently, life stuff has gotten in the way of canyon runs.