Sonoma Raceway

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Road Racing' started by MLKN, Jun 30, 2014.

1. MLKN

MLKN Active Member

I'm signed up with NASA for HPDE1 this day. Anyone else wanna come? It's about $180 for the day.

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. MLKN

MLKN Active Member

In order to keep this forum cleaner I decided to just make a topic dedicated to events at an individual raceway and we can post Dates, videos, feedback, results under the track thread. I am going to Sonoma
    Sept 27th, 2014. I hope some of you will consider signing up. It is a fun track to run in even a stock FiST.

Feel free to post Sonoma raceway related material in this thread

4. MLKN

MLKN Active Member

Anyone else sign up for the Sept 27th event at Sonoma with NASA? Just checking.

5. maybe_fiestast

maybe_fiestast New Member

take some video! Sonoma is my favorite track.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. MLKN

MLKN Active Member

I have a lot. I posted some from past days on my YouTube page. Will post when I get a moment.

7. MLKN

MLKN Active Member

Not my best lap at Sonoma but was a fun day. This is my third day this year at Sonoma with the Fiesta and it always impresses. Still on the original break pads. Stock tires.

Mr UFO likes this.
  8. MLKN

MLKN Active Member

Great day today at Sears Point. Shaved 3 secs off best lap time to get a 2:06. Will post more details and video.

One quick note. I find torque vectoring to actually be dangerous in wet conditions as it is almost the equivalent to pulling the E-brake around hairpins. Almost spun a front wheel drive car because of oversteer induced by TV.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2014
  9. MLKN

MLKN Active Member

Anyone going to the NASA event tomorrow at Sonoma?