Sparco Assetto Gara vs. Motegi MR125 vs. O.Z. Ultraleggara on Dunlop Direzza DZII

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Wheel and Tire Upgrades' started by McRib 1s Back, Dec 20, 2013.

1. McRib 1s Back

McRib 1s Back Well-Known Member

Ha, thank you. Okay, maybe 1/2". :)

Mr UFO likes this.
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. stuntdoogie

stuntdoogie Active Member

Nah man...i can fit my head in that gap...1.5"

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

4. pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2 Active Member

So what did you have to do to reset the TPMS sensors?

5. McRib 1s Back

My light hasn't fired off yet, but I bought the OEM tool. I'll follow the process described in the forum when I do. Recall that Stuntdoogie thought his wouldn't report the change, but it eventually did.

pelotonracer2 likes this.
  6. stuntdoogie

stuntdoogie Active Member

Lack of reading comprehension on my part lok

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

7. Cligedy

Cligedy Active Member

Matte Sparcos and tires ordered. Should see wheels next week. :thumbsup:

spangenb likes this.
  8. pelotonracer2

Hopefully Discount Tire knows the drill. They will be mounting tires with new TPMS sensors. I don't have the triggering tool.

9. Smokin

Smokin Active Member

Save some for me...

Cligedy likes this.
  10. Cligedy

Cligedy Active Member

Tire rack doesn't mess around. I ordered about 9:30 last night, they called me at 9 this morning to confirm some details, and got a tracking number before noon. Pretty impressed.

Now UPS just needs to deliver the tires to me. Last time I ordered wheels online (not tire rack) they were delivered to an address almost 20 miles away by mistake.

pelotonracer2 likes this.
  11. pelotonracer2

Yeah, Tire Rack has pretty good customer service. Ordered my wheels at 11am yesterday and they were delivered today at 1pm. Tried to find either Bridgestone Potenza RE11s or Dunlop Direzza D2s locally, but there are no tires in that size in the DFW area, so I ordered the D2s from Tire Rack today. They already have tracking numbers for both tire pairs. Supposed to be delivered by end of day Monday. I had a question a few minutes ago so I used their online chat feature. I wanted to order a spare center cap (you never know) guy on other side had to check. Got a phone call 10 minutes later and have that ordered as well. They've gotten a lot better... :joyful:

12. Max Archer

Max Archer Member

I think these Sparcos are going to be the rim of choice on the ST, at least for a while.

I'm tempted to go with one of the crazy colors when I get my track rims. The bright green on my black car would pay into the whole Ken Block thing I guess, not that I'm a huge fan.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Smokin likes this.
  13. Cligedy

Cligedy Active Member

I think I would really like the look of the rims in red with my black paint.

I've got to do something to spruce the car up. I wish I had held out for red or blue. :confused:

14. limbo

limbo Active Member

You could plasti dip or paint.

15. Max Archer

Max Archer Member

I thought red would be cool too but I wasn't that into the look when I saw it on TR's mockup thing. Maybe in person it would be different, though.

16. limbo

limbo Active Member

17. Mr UFO

Mr UFO Active Member

No rubbing even at full lock? How much clearance between tire and front strut now?
    Looks awesome-I'm tempted to get 16's now.

18. McRib 1s Back

Thank you. Really, no rubbing! I will say that it's awfully close at full lock -- this is pretty much the max sized tire without some modification. I have not taken a measurement, but with the offset/backspace change, it's only a little closer than stock (which also feels pretty tight).

19. McRib 1s Back

Hey, that's fun! I like seeing the different colors. My car theme is "just black" but I like the mix-and-match with the bold colors. Let's see the green wheels!

20. spangenb

spangenb Active Member

Hey McRib, how do you think the clearance will deal with some lowering? I hope to get in on that BC Coilover group buy and an inch lower all the way around would be great ... as long as I don't rub the crap out of the fenders with the 225's ;-)

21. McRib 1s Back

Based on what Joe reports, the clearance is improved with the BCs. If we don't get the group buy going, I'll consider waiting for KW's new setup (it will cost more for sure, but is a step-up in technology).