Sparco EVO 2 (US) Seat

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Interior Upgrades' started by McRib 1s Back, May 29, 2014.

1. McRib 1s Back

McRib 1s Back Well-Known Member

I just bought a Sparco EVO 2 (US) seat with matching bottom-mount rails and hardware from Amazon. You gotta love Prime! :)

upload_2014-5-29_15-50-5.png

For now, I'm just going to run a single seat. The car is already corner-weight balanced with me in the driver's seat, so it won't be too far off (though I get to go through this again when I change out my coilover setup, again!).

If this goes in nicely, I'll probably add a matching seat down the road. I'm jazzed about the weight savings here!

Also, my front Recaro and rear seats have been sold. Congrats, DBS! :)

DirtyBlueshirt likes this.
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. DirtyBlueshirt

DirtyBlueshirt Active Member

Thanks!
    Before:
    [​IMG]
    2013-12-01 08.48.06 by dirtyblueshirt, on Flickr
    [​IMG]
    IMG 3675 by dirtyblueshirt, on Flickr

During:
    [​IMG]
    Fiesta ST seats by Recaro by dirtyblueshirt, on Flickr
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You'll notice I swapped out the cloth grey headrests for the black leather headrests from my Titanium seats. Why? I already had the three rear low-profile, plus the front headrests are tilt-adjustable (the regular ST headrests are not). The ST headrests are also narrower, as you can see, which is why they likely cannot accommodate the tilt-adjust mechanism.

[​IMG]

4. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

McRib 1s Back,
    From DBS' photos, your seat mounts will be easy.
    Send me photos of the new seat hardware.

DBS,
    Looks very good.

Dave

5. McRib 1s Back

Great looking setup indeed! :)

Also, my Sparco-specific rails line up with the stock floor points just fine. I just need one more set of brackets. These are side mount only! No big deal. I'll have them in a couple days...

DirtyBlueshirt likes this.
  6. McRib 1s Back

So...

This seat is awesome! I'm glad I went with the "US". I'm not a big guy, but I don't fit in the regular one at all. Seriously, that extra 1.5" makes a big difference (especially in the shoulders!).

"Planted" makes great universal side-mount brackets. I'm buying another set for my passenger, eventually. No need for the sliding adjuster rail on that side! ;)

Attached Files:

7. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

It looks like it was made for the car.

Dave

8. djdennehy

djdennehy Active Member

How much did you sell the interior for? I am half minded to sell my front and rear seats and purchase a pair of Corbeau seats for the front... I never use the rear seat ever.