Sparco Pro Corsa

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Wheel and Tire Upgrades' started by kamakazee, Feb 17, 2014.

1. chalituna

chalituna Member

Sounds great. I can't wait to see the result! I'm between this wheel and the MSW 25 but this wheel having slightly better offset + 0.5 width, this wheel might take the cake.

Then again, MSW is $39 cheaper per wheel...

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. kamakazee

kamakazee Active Member

Alrighty, here are the pics. I apologize for the dark pics since the clouds are still lingering.

sparco1.jpg sparco2.jpg sparco3.jpg sparcofront.jpg sparcorear.jpg

4. chalituna

chalituna Member

looks great, is your car lowered at all?

5. kamakazee

kamakazee Active Member

Thanks and yes I currently have H&R sport springs. Drops the car about 1.5 all around. I actually prefer the ride quality over the stock set-up but it's only a little better.

6. kamakazee

kamakazee Active Member

I've seen the MSW25 on other luxury cars and they look great as well. Also, can't really beat the price. I agree though, the lower offset on the Sparco has a nice stance. My camera phone doesn't really capture how the entire package looks in person but I am one happy customer!

7. wash

wash Active Member

Looks nice.

8. djdennehy

djdennehy Active Member

That does look good... Thanks for sharing those pictures, I am going to wait a while to see if they go on clearance through tire rack and gobble them up.

9. kamakazee

kamakazee Active Member

You're welcome! Just wanted to post an update: Making hard low speed turns will result in some rubbing against the plastic splash guard. The same will happen driving over speed bumps and dips while turning. So far I haven't noticed any real damage or scuff marks to both tires or fender wells but this all may be the result of my car being lowered more than an inch. Rear is not affected at all. Using 205/40 tires vs 215/40 might help prevent rubbing but who knows. So this is just a heads-up for anyone who is considering this configuration.

10. scenicroadways

scenicroadways New Member

looks awesome. These are my favorite wheels right now - thinking of buying them with some winter/all season tires. They look great on the white car, hopefully will also look good on my tuxedo black. Thanks for posting pics!

11. wash

wash Active Member

Do you think stock wheels with 47.5 mm offset would rub less with those tires?

12. kamakazee

kamakazee Active Member

Most definitely. There's plenty of space with the oem wheel set-up. The Sumitomo 215/40 tire has a wider section width but the actual tread width isn't that wide so it'll tuck in the fender well just fine.

13. kamakazee

kamakazee Active Member

You're welcome! I can't wait to see the contrast between the tuxedo black and satin wheels!

14. dmondi12

dmondi12 Active Member

I don't want to get off topic but what are your impressions with the Sumitomos?

15. kamakazee

kamakazee Active Member

After 400 miles on these tires its safe to say that they don't have as much grip as the oem bridgestones but they provide a slighty more comfortable ride with less road noise due to thesofter sidewalls. The tires squirm when you push them hard in the corners. These are great commuting tires so far. Auto crossers and track guys will definitely want something far more sticky.

16. dmondi12

dmondi12 Active Member

Thanks man! I usually don't like black wheels but those are on point :thumbsup:

17. pleaseyesplease

pleaseyesplease New Member

Fantastic wheel choice. Those look amazing!

18. Max Archer

Max Archer Member

I really like these wheels. I just wish they offered them in silver, black looks good on a lot of colors but not on my black ST.

19. bigshotdan

bigshotdan Active Member

They look awesome on the car. I cannot tell you how tempted I was to go for those rims. But then some bloke on this forum was selling his wheels so I bought those instead... :p

20. kamakazee

kamakazee Active Member

Haha thanks! I almost went with a different set because of the wait time but I glad I stuck it out. Which set of wheels did you end up with?

21. bigshotdan

bigshotdan Active Member

I bought dmondi's Rado Grey set, complete with tyres. If I'd gone and bought an aftermarket set, such as the Sparcos, I'd have wanted to paint them anyway, thus rendering it fairly pointless from a cost perspective...