ST in LA/West LA.

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Meet and Greet' started by koozy, Mar 30, 2014.

1. Teezlr

Teezlr Member

You running an MBRP exhaust? Saw a black on off Bora Bora with a loud exhaust!

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

Might have been me. When was it? I have yet to see another FiST in So Cal... and I have really been looking.

4. Teezlr

Teezlr Member

3 weeks ago, I was training someone at the gym there at "The Villas" .... wasnt in my car but I have a silver on with rado wheels... use it for work

5. Teezlr

Teezlr Member

Ive seen roughly 4 different ones, they are around... just gotta drive alot haha

6. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

That was me. My mother in law lives there.

7. Teezlr

Teezlr Member

I was creeping on you haha, not many ST in the Marina area... is that Mbrp? Sounds loud, how is it in the car?

8. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

Yes, it is a MBRP. Over 3000 RPM, the 'drone' is pretty bad in the car when cruising. But if you are WOT, the drone doesn't present itself. When I get sick of it, I will install one of these (Flowmaster) in the rear muffler location and see if it mitigates the 'drone'.

[​IMG]

9. Teezlr

Teezlr Member

The real question is does it help keep tailgators away

10. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

Maybe if I sat on the rev limiter... Next time I'm in the West LA / Marina, I send you a shout out if you want to hear it yourself.

11. Teezlr

Teezlr Member

That would be great, thanks

12. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

Finally saw my first fellow FiST in traffic the other day. Was headed south on 405, just south of the 101. His was also a black FiST... and had painted his stock rims black. He had a UCLA license frame on the back. I honked at him to give him a thumbs up, but he was zoned out.

13. koozy

koozy Active Member

I haven't seen many or any at all. The only time I've seen more of them and on the move was up on Mulholland Hwy, near and around the Rock Store.

14. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

I needed to clear my head, so on Sunday afternoon, I drove up Stunt and over to Piuma. It was raining pretty good. I was impressed by the car's stability control. It never broke loose.

15. koozy

koozy Active Member

Yeah, the little ST had me grinning big time on Stunt, Piuma and Latigo. And that was when the car was bone stock.

16. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

If you ever want me to be your shadow on those roads, let me know.

17. koozy

koozy Active Member

or vice a versa...
    I usually do my own thing, but wouldn't mind meeting up with a few locals. I've met Teezlr on Venice Blvd & National while he was driving his IS250 asking me about the FiST. A few weeks later he picked one up, recognized me on one of the forums and gave me a shout out identifying himself. Perhaps we can have a westside meet up one day.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2015
  18. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

Meetup would be cool. I am down. No, I put my name down on the Octane list, but every time i go on their site, they do not have any classes scheduled.

19. koozy

koozy Active Member

yeah, I'm also waiting for them to post up the new schedule for 2015 to see if I can make it.

20. Teezlr

Teezlr Member

Hah. I went up about half way to the snake on Sunday also.... was a lot of debris from the rain running off the mountains so didn't stay too long.

Applejack likes this.
  21. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

I just got nailed for my MBRP exhaust. Happened in the valley near my work. Looks I am headed for the CHP.