ST in LA/West LA.

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Meet and Greet' started by koozy, Mar 30, 2014.

1. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

I was playing "Dodge Rock" on Stunt.

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. koozy

koozy Active Member

bummer. pain in the ass, which is why I prefer to be as sleeperish as possible. A number of users of mentioned the MBRP being on the loud side. I got tagged for a loud exhaust before years ago with a different car and took it to the Sheriff station to sign off. I think they and CHP can sign off, but not LAPD. Either way it's going to cost you your time and money, they charge a fee to sign you off.

4. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

Definitely a pain in the ass! Going to try the CHP without doing anything to the exhaust. Wish me good luck. If it doesn't pass, I'll do the Flowmaster install. It's only money.

5. koozy

koozy Active Member

yeah, I'd try that first. Depending on who you get to inspect it, they might let it fly.
    Money..., but I value my time :thumbsup:

Last edited: Dec 3, 2014
  6. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

I am pretty fortunate. I have the use of a hoist at a shop. If the Flowmaster install is required, I can probably get it done in 1/2 day. BTW... if you guys ever need any welding done, I've got some talent. Just made these caster brackets for some heavy duty work tables in my garage.

Attached Files:

7. Teezlr

Teezlr Member

Dang, yeah it was loud haha

weld in a muffler for sure.... should sound good

8. FiST-RR

FiST-RR New Member

Hey Guys... Got my Rally Red FiST like 2 months ago but i've been working wayyyy too much to enjoy it. I'm down for a meet. I have the pleasure of working in calabasas so on my lunch i'll take a cruise up mulhulland... one of the joys of life

Applejack likes this.
  9. FiST-RR

FiST-RR New Member

So i was thinking of getting the Boomba BOV adapter as well as doing an exhaust but the only thing is i got the 5year maintenance and bumper to bumper included..... hmmmm

10. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

I got those too. Still got an intake and exhaust. Life is too short.

11. koozy

koozy Active Member

updated Sync software from Gen 2 v3.6.2 to Gen 2 v3.7

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Teezlr

Teezlr Member

This happens automatically?

13. koozy

koozy Active Member

no. must download update zip file ~590mb, then unzip it to a USB thumb drive. Start the car, plug in the thumb drive and the update takes over. It takes about 30 minutes.

14. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

Does the dealer do these updates when you bring it in for service? I would assume.

15. koozy

koozy Active Member

16. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

I know you did the update. Just wondering if these updates are standard updates at the dealer.

17. koozy

koozy Active Member

I'm not sure, my car hasn't been back to the dealer since the day it left the lot.

18. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

Exhaust and inspection update:

Made some hard wood jack stand frame blocks. Hate when the welding flanges bend. Call me anal... I don't give a sh_t. I like making stuff... keeps my mind occupied from pain.

CAM00437.jpg

Installed my Flowmaster last night. Went from dual tips to single. Final touches (paint the welds, etc) will be done tonight. More photos to follow. Idle seems to be the same. Higher RPM's seem quieter. Road tests will determine whether 'drone' is present.

CAM00439a.JPG

Inspection is Friday... wish my unlucky ass luck.

bryramos likes this.
  19. koozy

koozy Active Member

did you trash your stock exhaust? could be sure and use that to pass.

20. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

No, still have the stock. I sure could use the stock system, but that would be too easy. :headbang:

I am pretty sure the inspection of the exhaust is only for emissions purposes... based on what the CHP said to me when I went by their station. I think the LAPD wrote the wrong penis (I mean penal) code on purpose so I would have to take it in for inspection. It all sounds like a conspiracy to me.

I like :beaver:'s!

21. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

So, my semi custom MBRP / Flowmaster exhaust is done. Who needs a hybrid when your exhaust is a hybrid?

CAM00440a.JPG
    CAM00445a.JPG
    CAM00441a.JPG
    CAM00443a.JPG
    Driving impressions: Well, drone has subsided. Still present at certain throttle inputs. I think it has to do with the 3" tube harmonics. Maybe going from dual to single output has some effect too. Idle seems to be the same with the Flowmaster. This morning, going to work, the over all sound seemed quieter at various RPM's.

Wish me luck this Friday for the inspection.

bryramos likes this.