ST in LA/West LA.

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Meet and Greet' started by koozy, Mar 30, 2014.

1. koozy

koozy Active Member

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. The car is an '85 and we've had it since then. I began restoring it in '09 when I sold my Evo VIII. It's been slow, but rewarding working on the e28. I consider it's build quality a tank. It's served me well as a daily driver and has never left me stranded.

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

Those were the golden ages of European cars. 1980's Mercedes and BMWs are tanks. I have a 1988 300TE wagon that has 250,000 miles. I call it the battle wagon. It takes a lot of work to keep them running like a clock, but in between maintenance, they run without issues.

4. koozy

koozy Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 3, 2015
    Applejack likes this.
  5. koozy

koozy Active Member

Suspension Techniques Lowering Springs (ST) - manufactured in Germany by KW.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. koozy

koozy Active Member

Suspension Techniques (ST) Springs, part #65824.

The front springs are slightly progressive with a rate of 245lbs. vs. OE 172lbs.
    The rear springs are linear with a rate of 250lbs. vs OE 137lbs.

Here is the front next to the OEM spring.
    [​IMG]

Here is the rear next to the OEM spring.
    [​IMG]

Here's the front assembled.
    [​IMG]

and front installed.
    [​IMG]

and rear installed.
    [​IMG]

Applejack and Teezlr like this.
  7. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

No photos of the car on the ground? If I wanted to get teased, I'd look at a Victoria's Secret catalog like a high school boy.

8. koozy

koozy Active Member

LOL :biglaugh:

Taken just an hour ago or so...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
    Applejack likes this.
  9. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

Nice photos. Looks good. Glad I could make you laugh.

Do you expect any driveway rubbing up front? I experience, with stock height, rubbing the plastic wind deflector lip on steep driveways. Then again, its only plastic.

Also, this is a little against your 'sleeper' theory.

10. koozy

koozy Active Member

I've driven it through a couple of driveways and entrances thus far, and so far no problems clearing them. However I do expect the lip to touch as it did at stock height if I'm not careful, but it's just the black lip under the spoiler and not the painted bumper/spoiler.

sleeper.... yeah I know. Now I'm thinking about a COBB cat- back, LOL. It's still a sleeper to the unsuspecting and once I'm running some ethanol it will be fun :)

Last edited: Feb 16, 2015
  11. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

Yeah, forget about it (sleeper theory)! Now you need some red mud flaps!

'Merica!

DSC_0087b.JPG

12. koozy

koozy Active Member

nice cacti :happy:

13. koozy

koozy Active Member

14. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

Did you go to Vernon / Compton / South Gate for this shot? Oh wait... never mind, there are parking meters there. Those don't exist in those areas.

Cool shot. Car sits nicely with the new springs. How is the ride compared the the stock units?

15. koozy

koozy Active Member

Downtown LA Art District.
    Ride is stiffer, definitely not softer.

16. koozy

koozy Active Member

I've been playing around with on the fly map switching and I have to say it's really cool. It's remarkably easy to see what map is loaded by pushing the 'cancel/reset' button on the steering wheel and looking at the tach; and switching maps with the '+ or -' if needed instantaneously. I don't normally drive around with the Accessport connected, so being able to know what map is loaded currently and switch it without the AP connected is really nice. Full flex fuel automated ability via the AP/maps would be great, but considering how easy it is to change maps I'm cool with this for now.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2015
    Applejack likes this.
  17. koozy

koozy Active Member

haha, I love it. I was on my way home tonight running the pseudo eco map, which limits the boost to 5-6lbs and feels rather anemic, but I'm just playing around with maps right now. in an instant an envy green FiST with a 'hoonigan' rear bumper sticker smack in the middle pulls up rather quickly right up behind me. I immediately switched maps in anticipation of taking on this guy's challenge. he didn't, so I chilled but I was ready. I love being a sleeper. I gave the guy a thumbs up, but he didn't look, LOL.

Applejack likes this.
  18. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

How many maps can you load in the car's ECU? It there a limit?

19. koozy

koozy Active Member

currently the ECU can hold 5 maps via AP maps with switching enabled, the AP itself can store up to 100 maps.

20. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

Learn something new every day. Thanks for this info.

Wonder if you can get better mileage with that eco map, especially on road trips, with cruise control on. That would be a good and interesting test.

21. koozy

koozy Active Member

I think it depends with how one drives. If you stay off the boost which is kinda hard to do with this car fuel economy would not suffer that much if at all even with a performance map. The eco maps imposes a boost threshold at probably the wastegates base spring rate and possibly some other parameters as well, I haven't looked at the details of the maps yet but there's probably some other adjustments made to ignition timing, etc. with the eco map to help with fuel economy.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2015