ST in LA/West LA.

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Meet and Greet' started by koozy, Mar 30, 2014.

1. koozy

koozy Active Member

Stage 3 is definitely nice and an improvement over stock, but Stage 3 + ethanol is nuts. I feel sorry for that riced out joker running a Stage 3 tune that tries to run this sleeper. :devil:

IMG_0796.jpg

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

I wouldn't mind doing a controlled test with you, since my car is virtually stock, except exhaust. On a closed course (of course!), do a 3rd gear pull with our cars side by side and see what kind of distance you put on me. Mount some Go Pro's / cameras, and You Tube it!

2 runs with full traction control on, 2 runs with 'sport' traction on, and 2 runs with traction off.

Would be interesting...

4. koozy

koozy Active Member

I decline :)

captainmorbid likes this.
  5. koozy

koozy Active Member

whelp... looks like running ethanol is going to cost me in tires, LOL. it's hard not to want to tip into the throttle at full song.
    i'm looking forward to see if Cobb is going to release their adjustable traction control for the FiST.

6. koozy

koozy Active Member

this SYNC feature will come in handy, an e85 Fuel Station Locator! LOL :rotfl:
    [​IMG]

7. koozy

koozy Active Member

the car is approaching 5k miles, so I'll be changing the oil for the first time and sending a sample of the factory fill to Blackstone for analysis. I'll also be cutting open the factory installed filter to have a look at how much the filter captured.

Running ethanol is awesome, no doubt about it. The gains are incredible and I'm not even optimally tuned... yet.

E30 last week, E40 this week :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
  8. koozy

koozy Active Member

baseline E40
    [​IMG]
    this shows how smooth the stretch of tarmac is for the run.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
  9. koozy

koozy Active Member

Still in the process of gathering datalogs before I start tweaking my E10, E20, E30, E40, and E45 tunes. I finally reached 5,000 miles and changed the factory fill oil to Pennzoil Platinum 5W-20. A sample of the factory fill was sent to Blackstone, really curious to see the analysis results.

I swapped the factory exhaust hangers to ones from Hooker Headers, which are much more resilient. They came 4 in the box, which were perfect for the 4 that were swapped out.

I also painted the grey Accessport cover to satin black.

new hanger (black) next to stock hangers.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. koozy

koozy Active Member

Factory filled oil with 5,000 miles analysis results.

[​IMG]

I also cut the factory installed filter open. Note that that the OE filter is shorter than the FL-910S, the part number on it is 1714387BM5G6714AA. The condition was pretty good, the filter media does not appear to be full of particles to the naked eye. There were some larger contaminants outside in the residual oil inside the can, but nothing that made it back into the motor as the filter was doing it's job preventing that.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
    Joe Schmoe likes this.
  11. koozy

koozy Active Member

Added a few things since my last update.

no-pistons evap skid plate. love it because it cracks me up, LOL.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cobb Cat-Back Exhaust. Love the exhaust. Great build and top quality, it's like a piece of jewelry and has added to the visceral experience.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the rear muffler is locked down from shifting left or right and the tips remains in the center of the exhaust cut out of the lower rear valance with these set screw collars in place.
    [​IMG]

Mishimoto Oil Cooler Kit. Has definitely had a positive impact on both oil and especially coolant temps. Car runs happier with cooler lubes and allows a more aggressive tune.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oil lines behind the crash beam.
    [​IMG]

Oil lines routed behind the crash beam into the engine compartment and secured them to a hole on the crash beam.
    [​IMG]

Lines routed behind the AC line and wire tied to a hole on the radiator support.
    [​IMG]

Another angle of the hole on the radiator support looking straight up next to the right front wheel.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oil cooler lines taking up some space where the upper diversion panel used to be.
    [​IMG]

Upper diversion panel trimmed to accommodate oil lines.
    [​IMG]

Everything buttoned up.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 25, 2015