stage 1 in winter

Discussion in 'COBB Tuning' started by graynicolas11, Nov 11, 2014.

1. graynicolas11

graynicolas11 Active Member

More a question for Canadians or Americans who live in colder climates, is it okay to run stage 1 91 in the winter? I know that they usually put additives into the gas during the winter so would that screw anything up or is it okay?
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. vixenlotus

vixenlotus Member

You should have no problem. The gas still has the required octane. The fact the air is so much cooler also adds a major safety factor. I ran all winter last year on stage 1 93 with no issues.
    Relax and have fun
    Dyn085 and graynicolas11 like this.

ZREXER Member

Intercoolers work awesome in -35C weather like we get in the worst of our Alberta winters! Depending on the car, some times they actually ice up internally which is not as good.
  5. RDgolfer

RDgolfer Active Member

Stage 3 winter setup...Blizzaks with studs....and post 1/4 times please
    aar0n likes this.
  6. aar0n

aar0n Member

1/4 mile frozen lake drag racing ftw
    RDgolfer likes this.
  7. BRGT350

BRGT350 Well-Known Member Staff Member

Been running the Mountune 93 octane tune this winter and having no issues at all. I figured the lack of torque reduction was going to make it harder to drive in the snow, but it hasn't. I have noticed that my peak boost is rarely higher than about 9psi and most drives are not in boost. When the roads are nice and dry the snow tires don't have the grip to really get on the throttle, and when the conditions are slippery, there is no need for any boost.
  8. ryst

ryst Active Member

pffff, blizzaks are studless tires ;)
  9. RDgolfer

RDgolfer Active Member

Well, then we have to put studs in the Blizzaks to get the best quarter mile times on ice, now don't we?
  10. RDgolfer

RDgolfer Active Member

Or just tear the hell out of the asphalt...and that would probably improve my streets around here