Stage 1 or Stage 2

Discussion in 'COBB Tuning' started by David W, Aug 12, 2014.

1. David W

David W Member

I'm currently running stage 1 from Cobb and was wondering if I get a mountune fmic and air induction kit if I would still be using stage 1 maps or stage 2?
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. smatty

smatty Member

run S2. monitor your data but i think you'd be fine since those are the mods "required" for S2.
  4. BostonDriver

BostonDriver Member

I just installed the mountune airbox and induction kit along with their intercooler within 2 weeks of each other. I ran the stage 1 tune with the intake installed with surprising results and no ignition correction, however when I went and installed the intercooler I was forced to use the Cobb stage 2 tune and although the power gains were again great, the tune is not going to work since I'm seeing ignition correction up to -2.00 on hot days (~85-90 degrees or so). I contacted randy for a baseline stage 2 tune since I bought my AP from mountune with the custom tuning option. He did good work with my stage 1 tune so I'm looking forward to more good results once I can get some datalog runs in.

I will say one thing! Even on hot days, with the mountune intake and intercooler I rarely see charge air temps higher than 10 degrees above ambient. Usually it's right around 5 degrees!
  5. David W

David W Member

I'm planning on getting both the mountune intake and intercooler at the same time and running the ots stage 2 map from cobb. So you're saying it would have problems with it or do you just have a custom tune and the regular OTS map should be good? Thanks for the info tho I'm most likely going to get them from mountune unless cobb comes out with anything soon!