Steelies Season: Show Us Your Steelies

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Wheel and Tire Upgrades' started by Noah, Nov 2, 2013.

1. Noah

Noah Member

Its November which for the most of us means its winter tire season. Anybody else just go with the basic steelies as their beater wheels? If you did you should show us. Also if anybody knows of any center caps for steelies or any cool accessories post them here.

IMAG0264.jpg

IMAG0270.jpg Does anybody know of caps for steelies preferably ford based that can maybe help there look a little better/ prevent rust?
    IMAG0274.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-11-02 at 2.57.30 PM.png

So what do you guys think? Do steelies work on the Fiesta?

CarefreeAZ likes this.
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. FiestaST

FiestaST Active Member

Where can I order those :)?

Noah likes this.
  4. Noah

Noah Member

50$ from Tirerack. They're the 15's

5. FiestaST

FiestaST Active Member

Ok I saw those are tire rack wasn't sure if they would actually fit. I'm ordering those they are nice and cheap fit winter

6. FiestaST

FiestaST Active Member

What tires did u get?

7. Noah

Noah Member

Yeah, they've got the Blizzaks on them. The brakes seem a little tight fit up front, but it doesn't seem like it would be an issue. Going to drive around soon to double check.

8. OLST

OLST New Member

How did you get all that rust? I just ordered 16" steelies from Costco.

9. Noah

Noah Member

I'm honestly not sure. I've owned the car for a little more than a month and the other wheels with the caps on have been the only wheels. Seems like a really short amount of time for it to rust like that.

10. CarefreeAZ

CarefreeAZ Active Member

I like the look. Are those Ford OEM steelies that you got from Tire Rack? Regarding wheel covers, check out Ford OEM Police Interceptor caps (several different versions) for your wheels--some/all may not fit the contours of your rims and/or may require different lug nuts for a tight fit but might be worth a try. I've got a set in my basement that I may experiment with in the future.

11. Noah

Noah Member

will do, I haven't been able to find ones that fit a 4 bolt wheel yet though.

12. CarefreeAZ

CarefreeAZ Active Member

Yeah, the Taurus ones fit the 5 bolt pattern, perfect for a Focus. Some older ones might fit differently.

13. eRic

eRic Active Member

meh. the only steel wheel on my Fiesta is the spare in the hatch.

Firesail and Removed like this.
  14. Noah

Noah Member

good for you.

15. Drumr90

Drumr90 Member

For center caps try diffrent ice tea or juice containers with twist on caps. I did this for my 17's on my focus. Cost me $10 for 4 caps so id try this idea.

16. Fiat slayer

Fiat slayer Member

if they're not an issue I'm buying those wheels and some 195/55/15 pirelli winter carving edge tires from tire rack

17. Noah

Noah Member

No problems whatsoever. Only small issue is I can't find good looking centercaps to protect the hubs, but its fine. No brake issues at all.

18. eRic

eRic Active Member

bolted on my 16x6.5" SVT Contour wheels with 195/45-16 Pirelli winter 210 snowcontrol tyres[​IMG]

19. Does anyone know what size of steel rim you are using?

20. spangenb

spangenb Active Member

This is what happens when you handbrake turn in a parking lot with 8" of fresh snow ...

Attached Files:

21. spangenb

spangenb Active Member

Christian, as far as I know these steel wheels are essentially the same size as the spare: 15x6. Not sure if the offset is identical. Also regarding rust on the hubs, I just coat then with anti-seize each time I put the snow tires on for the season.